Spoiler Impressions on NeoGAF

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Jun 7, 2014
Poland
I also disagree with the Tenebrae part, at least marketing wise cause it was never promised (to my knowledge) that you could explore it. Would have been nice to, though.
That's a very technical way of looking at this. Okay, you can say it wasn't a lie since they never specified that you could explore Tenebrae, but it still was misleading. Showing Tenebrae in a trailer dedicated to showcasing the in-game locations highly suggests that it was supposed to be one of those locations, not just a background.
I never understood what exactly good about it? And why people miss it so much? Sounds like some shit tier anime fanfic for me.
It just was an interesting sounding idea and one more thing that was cut from the game. Whether its exectution was good or bad remained to be seen.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
Showing Tenebrae in a trailer dedicated to showcasing the in-game locations highly suggests that it was supposed to be one of those locations, not just a background.
Pretty good point, hopefully some of the marketing choices with XV won't be repeated with SE's other projects.

I bekieve what i meant to say was more of how how Tabata himself never confirmed "X is explorable" rather than what the marketing team presented.

Last edited:

llazy77

Warrior of Light
May 27, 2014
Where does Tabata say that Tenebrae is explorable by the way?
Why wouldnt it be explorable its fully rendered. Look at the world of wonder trialer you can see places to walk and stuff. He may not have said it but it is implied from that it was going to be before getting cut.

Rogue-Tomato

ShinRa SOLDIER
Jan 17, 2016
Worcester, UK
Why wouldnt it be explorable its fully rendered. Look at the world of wonder trialer you can see places to walk and stuff. He may not have said it but it is implied from that it was going to be before getting cut.
You don't know if it's been cut - It may never have been in the game as an explorable location to begin with. You may visit the area and spend the entire time in a room. Who knows. You may be able to explore it in DLC. We just don't know, therefore, it would be foolish to assume.

For example, I have been looking at the world map poster from the guide book. It looks huge, but you can bet your ass I'm not going to assume that the whole thing is explorable because that will just set me up for disappointment. :embarrassed:

Jun 7, 2014
Poland
Someone posted Shiva's full summoning animation (beware it contains some big spoiler)

Honestly, I find it kinda underwhelming compared to other summons. Shiva's attack seems to lack that impact, hell, I'd even say it lacks the proper "attack" part. They just dance around and fly away.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=225484891&postcount=3877

"You'll enjoy the story if you love the bros and the road trip feeling. The ending is one of the best in the series.. but the plot got some issues. It could've used one more year to iron stuff out. The second half is pretty good but it ends a bit quickly and one particular chapter will sour people."

so much for a dissapointing ending.

this "watch ending via streaming" needs to die; ppl are only hurting themselves.

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
So, just gotten spoiled about the ending. Everything's great. I was using my father's laptop for a project I have to print (it's more comfortable with it than doing so from my PC), visited Youtube for a bit, and there you have the video, title and thumbnail and all. I don't even know how I got that video prompt, as my father doesn't really use Youtube and I haven't watched anything in his laptop, not that I recall (I got out of the web in an instant).

I'm not as mad as I think I would (I was fucking pissed when I saw a pic from Uncharted 4's ending even though I haven't anticipated a game as much as this one), but still sucks. I also happened to watch the Shiva summoning video (from a different source that didn't state it was spoilery) and got that too. This one is even more my fault though, silly me thinking that I could watch it without repercusions, lol Kappa.

Luckily, I can stand most spoilers even if I don't actively (or pasively lol) look for them.

Anyways, if you want to know if you can use the older characters' designs as alternative skins or not and such:
You apparently can't. You can use the KG outfits and the King cloak (like in that Shiva video), but you can't roam the world freely with the alternative skins, only the young ones.

I don't get it: as far as I know, these new skins have literally the same animations (except for Noctis' walking and running, if you played Chapter 0). Why wouldn't they let us do it :/ It's not that the King cloak would be canon at that point of the game, I'm assuming (I guess it could, but it would be weird).

It's a shame that a great bunch of designs aren't avaible (even when they could be) and instead we get the slighty lesser versions (and the incredibly uglier one in young Noctis). This is just my opinion, obviously, and as stupid as it is, it has diminished my wish to play the game right now by quite a big margin.

Can't really stand characters with hairstyles like these anymore, not when they clash with the game's pretended realism (talking about young Noctis mainly, the rest look alright even if I'm not their biggest fan).

Hopefully they can patch it or something but yeah...

Also, what about NG+? The guide advertised it iirc. I haven't really visited any forum or anything (beyond this and a bit of the non-spoiler Neogaf thread), but I'm curious if anyone saw what it is about (if it's not spoilery, sure, just gameplay-related).

The post-game stuff sounds great, yeah.

And indeed, once more, let's judge the game's plot/storytelling when we play it. Whining about it now does nothing.

Last edited:

llazy77

Warrior of Light
May 27, 2014
So, just gotten spoiled about the ending. Everything's great. I was using my father's laptop for a project I have to print (it's more comfortable with it than doing so from my PC), visited Youtube for a bit, and there you have the video, title and thumbnail and all. I don't even know how I got that video prompt, as my father doesn't really use Youtube and I haven't watched anything in his laptop, not that I recall (I got out of the web in an instant).

I'm not as mad as I think I would (I was fucking pissed when I saw a pic from Uncharted 4's ending even though I haven't anticipated a game as much as this one), but still sucks. I also happened to watch the Shiva summoning video (from a different source that didn't state it was spoilery) and got that too. This one is even more my fault though, silly me thinking that I could watch it without repercusions, lol Kappa.

Luckily, I can stand most spoilers even if I don't actively (or pasively lol) look for them.

Anyways, if you want to know if you can use the older characters' designs as alternative skins or not and such:
You apparently can't. You can use the KG outfits and the King cloak (like in that Shiva video), but you can't roam the world freely with the alternative skins, only the young ones.

I don't get it: as far as I know, these new skins have literally the same animations (except for Noctis' walking and running, if you played Chapter 0). Why wouldn't they let us do it :/ It's not that the King cloak would be canon at that point of the game, I'm assuming (I guess it could, but it would be weird).

It's a shame that a great bunch of designs aren't avaible (even when they could be) and instead we get the slighty lesser versions (and the incredibly uglier one in young Noctis). This is just my opinion, obviously, and as stupid as it is, it has diminished my wish to play the game right now by quite a big margin.

Can't really stand characters with hairstyles like these anymore, not when they clash with the game's pretended realism (talking about young Noctis mainly, the rest look alright even if I'm not their biggest fan).

Hopefully they can patch it or something but yeah...

Also, what about NG+? The guide advertised it iirc. I haven't really visited any forum or anything (beyond this and a bit of the non-spoiler Neogaf thread), but I'm curious if anyone saw what it is about (if it's not spoilery, sure, just gameplay-related).

The post-game stuff sounds great, yeah.

And indeed, once more, let's judge the game's plot/storytelling when we play it. Whining about it now does nothing.
The story is going to be underwhelming to me cause I heard alot of the supporting cast have very little screentime, Ravus Ideolias and Versrtal only appear for one or two scenes. They really cut alot out of the Versus script. its like they cut over half of the story. Cause im sure these villains were going to have major roles and were going to be very important to the story . I thought Ravus was going to be a main antagonist yet hes as shafted and has a very insignificant role in the plot.

Rogue-Tomato

ShinRa SOLDIER
Jan 17, 2016
Worcester, UK
The story is going to be underwhelming to me cause I heard alot of the supporting cast have very little screentime, Ravus Ideolias and Versrtal only appear for one or two scenes. They really cut alot out of the Versus script. its like they cut over half of the story. Cause im sure these villains were going to have major roles and were going to be very important to the story . I thought Ravus was going to be a main antagonist yet hes as shafted and has a very insignificant role in the plot.
Oh cool, so you saw the whole Versus script?

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
I discussed this very briefly in the General thread but I'll bring it here since it's related.

Witcher 3 and KH2 Final Mix had extra scenes and content added to the game AFTER release to add more meat into the story apparently.

Tabata and team have been very open when it comes to taking fan feedback and putting it into the game. The point I'm trying to make is extra story beats and scenes may be added post release since (not if, it's pretty much guaranteed at this point) the story isn't up to par.

With the KH2 Final Mix example, I think it is likely that Square will release more content relating to the story after release since they did it with a past title before.

Remember, there is more stuff to be created for this title in the coming months and year, what with the season pass and all. So additional story scenes, additional environments (maybe even Tenebrae), more dungeons, and more, can be added somewhere down the line.

Until then... let's just play the game for what it is now whilst hoping they add more in the future to make it even better then. Tabata and team are watching everyone's reaction after all, and if they can make the game even better, then I'm sure they will jump at the chance to do so.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
I discussed this very briefly in the General thread but I'll bring it here since it's related.

Witcher 3 and KH2 Final Mix had extra scenes and content added to the game AFTER release to add more meat into the story apparently.

Tabata and team have been very open when it comes to taking fan feedback and putting it into the game. The point I'm trying to make is extra story beats and scenes may be added post release since (not if, it's pretty much guaranteed at this point) the story isn't up to par.
It depends on who you ask it.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
That is very true.

Story factor aside the game is still said to be extremely fun so I'm still greatly looking forward to that.

llazy77

Warrior of Light
May 27, 2014
General concensus on the first half of the story being weak is fair game since it's been said by a lot of people, even by those who loved the game.

As for this, which happens to be a very specific piece of info, I've yet to hear anyone say this at all.

Best not to state such things as fact until after playing the game. Or if someone has stated that she doesn't get much screen time you can link to their opinion piece in the spoilers section for good measure.
Luna barley appears in the first half, and after what happens to her in Altissia she dosent appear till the ending cutscene. She has one optional cutscene you can get for her but that seems to be the only development she gets.

Last edited: