SPOILERS/SPECULATION: Final Fantasy XV Spoiler and Speculation Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nye

PSICOM Soldier
Jul 17, 2016
Wow, this has started my speculation wheels whizzing. First impression was that it might be Noctis, but looking carefully at the lyrics.... Maybe it's Regis' inner thoughts during his final days, before he is killed in the attack on Lucis?!
My exact thoughts actually, I believe this actually could be Regis and not Noctis because of this part.
And who cares about the thing I did that night?
So what? Maybe Luna had it right
And who cares if I'm coming back alive?
So what? 'Least I have the strength to fight

Could it be that Regis did something in the past that caused some sort of misfortune to Noctis and now he is trying to correct his mistakes? The final lyrics seem to imply some sort of a battle, maybe its the Lucis attack? Ahh I have so many theories running in my head already!

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
My exact thoughts actually, I believe this actually could be Regis and not Noctis because of this part.
And who cares about the thing I did that night?
So what? Maybe Luna had it right
And who cares if I'm coming back alive?
So what? 'Least I have the strength to fight

Could it be that Regis did something in the past that caused some sort of misfortune to Noctis and now he is trying to correct his mistakes? The final lyrics seem to imply some sort of a battle, maybe its the Lucis attack? Ahh I have so many theories running in my head already!
I'm DEFINITELY seeing a connection to Regis from this. The mention of the crown weighing heavy, needing "more time", perhaps his talks with the Gods or his rapid aging taking a tole on him where he can't live for much longer anyways.

So many possibilities...

Nye

PSICOM Soldier
Jul 17, 2016
I'm DEFINITELY seeing a connection to Regis from this. The mention of the crown weighing heavy, needing "more time", perhaps his talks with the Gods or his rapid aging taking a tole on him where he can't live for much longer anyways.

So many possibilities...
The more I look at it the more I truly believe its about Regis, it could be Noctis too, but as you said the crown weighing heavy and the need for more time definitely implies that Regis is the one talking here. Noctis isn't a king yet and I doubt he is going to be until the final segment of the game, so he doesn't exactly know the weight of being a King nor do I see the real need for him to need more time.

This part makes me think of the Lucis attack:
One other year; a hundred flags flying in a field
[?], felt it let go of me
A hundred flags flying in a field

I think it might imply that Regis faced some sort of a betrayal maybe by his people or something like that? I am going crazy here, I need the game right now

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
The more I look at it the more I truly believe its about Regis, it could be Noctis too, but as you said the crown weighing heavy and the need for more time definitely implies that Regis is the one talking here. Noctis isn't a king yet and I doubt he is going to be until the final segment of the game, so he doesn't exactly know the weight of being a King nor do I see the real need for him to need more time.

This part makes me think of the Lucis attack:
A hundred flags flying in a field

I think it might imply that Regis faced some sort of a betrayal maybe by his people or something like that? I am going crazy here, I need the game right now
Without going into details, in Kingsglaive... Yes, Regis is faced with the ultimate betrayal.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
so I think we can already speculate about when the DLC episodes will take place.

I think it would be great if the story would continue a bit after the main story with Ignis/Prompto/Gladiolus as Kingsglaives, I don't see how it could be a prequel since it doesn't seem like they participated in the war or an important battle before beginning their journey.

also it would be great if they could expand Imsonmia exploration with the upcoming DLCs.

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
The promised video of Final Fantasy XV gameplay from the master version, clocking in at just over 53 minutes. Includes some story sequences with interesting lore implications.
*A general note is that I love the banter here. Not sold on some of the alternate outfits.
*First thing that caught me was the opening. It appears to be in the future, and they are facing a horned something on a throne: Noctis is looking and sounding much the worse for wear. Don't think their enemy Ifrit.
In fact, from the glances I got of it's face, it reminded me more of Ravus' face.
*Second is what Cor said about the power of the former Lucian kings being inherited through the "the bonding of souls" (and the weapon looked all crystalline and stuff when it was "merging" with Noctis). Not sure what this means, but it could mean that the souls of former kings are bound to the world to grant their power to their successors. That inherent power in the soul kind of reminds of me how souls were treated in Type-0, as a source of energy.
*Daemons are apparently a general name for special unnatural monsters, so include the giant Daemons from Kingsglaive and minor Daemons, which apparently include Iron Giants.
*Ardyn caps the preview. He really doesn't seem like the main antagonist. More like someone guiding Noctis on a path towards the powers of the divine (Archeans, since they seem to be treated as deity-like figures).

Aug 13, 2016

I have to say I liked Noctis' outfit the most. As for the rest, I felt they were lazily designed? Just a matter of changing the color or pattern.

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
Really, really.... really don't go for all the Ragnarok parallels. Tabata has stated that the revamped cosmology, while using FNC design elements alongside the removal of terminology and specific branding, is based primarily on Japanese mythology with a few Western elements added. So I'd look to Japanese mythos and legends for any parallels there.

llazy77

Warrior of Light
May 27, 2014
I still think this being a dream or something is plausible, also means that square didn't spoil the ending of the game in the beginning, which I don't think they would.

Rin

Reformed
Apr 11, 2015
That would certainly be the "Western" influence, and fit in with the Biblical styling of some of the art. Now if only my Japanese mythology was a little more up to snuff then I'd be able to create my own theories working off developer comments...
All the mythologies are vast and not necessarily confined to a single narrative, so it may be difficult to pinpoint which exactly SE are using for FFXV.

On another point, there's something I've been thinking about: when and how is Regis buried, and will Noct visit his father's tomb in the game to acquire another weapon?

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
chapter 0 full version:

it's a very traditional beginning, it almost feels like the older FFs in that regard.
tbh I don't think this scene deserved a CG treatment, hope there'll be more.

Last edited:

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
Is it wrong to feel that i didn't mind how chapter 0 went based on that footage? I know FF is known for having a spectacle opening impression and this isn't OG Insomnia invasion levels of jaw-drop shit, but my opinion still stands.

Omegataco

PSICOM Soldier
Apr 1, 2016
Is it wrong to feel that i didn't mind how chapter 0 went based on that footage? I know FF is known for having a spectacle opening impression and this isn't OG Insomnia invasion levels of jaw-drop shit, but my opinion still stands.
I don't mind it at all. Tabata only likened Chapter 0 to the opening of FF2 (game opens, party gets ass kicked by dark knights, game quickly moves on), and that is pretty well likened to what turns out here.

The problem, as is usually the case when we are fed vague/incomplete info, is that people tend to do this thing where they fill in all the holes in their head until they've formed this perfect image of something and end up disappointed and angry when it doesn't turn out that way (even when what you get in the end was still in the realm of what was promised).

Keep your imaginations on a leash.

Status
Not open for further replies.