Square Enix PS4 announcement incoming

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Crystal Power

Keyblade Master
Nov 29, 2013
United States
It looks like School of Ragnarok won’t be Square Enix’s only Tokaigi 2015 reveal. The publisher launched a teaser site today for something called Project Code Z, a PlayStation 4 title it plans on revealing at Tokaigi.

The title will be introduced at Square Enix’s 16:45 stage event on January 31, which will be live streamed on Niconico.

Project Code Z also has its own Twitter account.

Tokaigi runs from January 31 to February 1.
Source: http://gematsu.com/2015/01/square-enix-announce-project-code-z-ps4-weekend

I'm scared, please don't be free-to-play or cheap digital only game.

We need the return of new creative IP's from Square again, like when they used to make games Xenogears, Parasite Eve, etc. No one takes them serious anyone...

Infest

Blitzball Champion
Sep 8, 2014
Germany
Project Code Z
Code Z
cod Z
-><- Zodc
-> Zodiac
-> Zodiac Job System -> Final Fantasy XII
-> Final Fantasy XII HD PS4

Just kidding, I really hope this is something new!

Nov 17, 2014
This new console RPG might be developed by the newly formed studio. And that studio was formed to make games for hardcore JRPG fans. Whether it's a new or existing IP, I'm glad that Square Enix is getting back on track to making console JRPG games. I also wish that the upcoming SaGa could be on consoles too. As well as the next Mana game.

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2013
My guess is if it's a big budget AAA game, then it's going to be something that targets that Microsoft and Sony demographic. It's going to be something safe. Something that sells. This rules out pretty much all of Square Enix older IPs as nothing makes sense to revisit and invest that much money in today. Parasite Eve would probably be the only exception really.

If it's not a big budget AAA project, then it’s probably going to be something that falls along the lines of a mid-sized project. This could be anything. Square Enix could tackle an older IP or try something new that allows creative freedom and isn’t something that has to be safe.

This could also be something episodic like that Life is Strange game that just came out too.

Crystal Power

Keyblade Master
Nov 29, 2013
United States
My guess is if it's a big budget AAA game, then it's going to be something that targets that Microsoft and Sony demographic. It's going to be something safe. Something that sells. This rules out pretty much all of Square Enix older IPs as nothing makes sense to revisit and invest that much money in today. Parasite Eve would probably be the only exception really.
I would love for them to give Parasite Eve a chance on a home console! The 3rd Birthday had good to decent sales in Japan. especially for a PSP game. Unfortunately though I'm sure this can't be Parasite Eve related, those scenery in the "Z" logo looks to serene and nature filled to be Parasite Eve.

Sora96

Warrior of Light
Nov 12, 2014
Australia
kh13.com
I would love for them to give Parasite Eve a chance on a home console! The 3rd Birthday had good to decent sales in Japan. especially for a PSP game. Unfortunately though I'm sure this can't be Parasite Eve related, those scenery in the "Z" logo looks to serene and nature filled to be Parasite Eve.
I want to play The 3rd Birthday.....

It looks like a new IP.

Sep 26, 2013
I don't think it is either. Couple of these images look like they're either concept art or low quality in-game stuff. Couple of them have this mosaic look to them too.