TGS 2015 ACTIVE TIME REPORT (FFXV)

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

somni

PSICOM Soldier
Nov 26, 2013
Just curious, what do you define as amateurishly done ?
A few reasons such as the lighting and brush work aren't very defined. And at times, the characters look unnaturally stiff. And the aesthetic doesn't lend at too well to the game's more mature art direction. While most of the art done by Nomura, Noara, Kamikokuryo, are consistent with a theme that's dark, exaggerated realism. Even Roberto Ferrari's art style, which both complements and is reminiscent of Nomura's, lends itself better. It isn't that big a deal, I just have a particular interest in conceptual art and design.

I think that this piece gives me a better sense of the atmosphere and tone of it's scene. It's also aesthetically pleasing.

Last edited:

Rousteinire

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
A few reasons such as the lighting and brush work aren't very defined. And at times, the characters look unnaturally stiff. And the aesthetic doesn't lend at too well to the game's more mature art direction. While most of the art done by Nomura, Noara, Kamikokuryo, are consistent with a theme that's dark, exaggerated realism. Even Roberto Ferrari's art style, which both complements and is reminiscent of Nomura's, lends itself better. It isn't that big a deal, I just have a particular interest in conceptual art and design.

I think that this piece gives me a better sense of the atmosphere and tone of it's scene. It's also aesthetically pleasing.
I love that piece of artwork as well! It gives an Ivalice-is feel to it (Which is awesome). I also like the "Genesis" illustration from the ending of Episode Duscae, definitely an "Epic" of a work. Can't wait to see more character concept art.