TGS 2015 ACTIVE TIME REPORT (FFXV)

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Nov 17, 2014
\
We got an awesome tease..... Like Noctis riding on a CHOCOBO! :chocowalk::chocowalk::chocowalk::chocowalk:

https://twitter.com/FFXVJP/status/642256837790699520

It's been confirmed that we'll see more of it when the ATR kicks into high gear.

FYI: That's Tatsuhisa Suzuki, the VO of Noctis playing that scene in the image above.
Am I right to assume that they're riding Wiz's chocobos? I just hope it's a new location other than the Duscae region.

Jenova

Keyblade Master
Oct 28, 2013
TGS is shaping up to be a major game changer. Wonder if the reception will rival that of E3 2015 in regards to its earth-shattering announcements earlier this year.

Somber

SOLDIER Second Class
Nov 22, 2013
The person who created FFXV concept arts sure is very talented.

Cor! That Cor! Everytime I see him, my little heart melts. :oops:

Last edited:

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Lots of great confirmations today in the Q&A especially.
  • Aerial combat still in the game
  • Himechan has a name (Gentiana)
  • Airships WILL be in the game, if they have to be DLC it will be completely free
  • Hunts will be in the game (the question asked in relation to FFXII unconfirmed about specificity in the answer)
  • Cactaur in the game (as of right now Moogles not because they are complex creatures)
  • You will be able to enter a lot of the buildings throughout the game, great for exploration like classic FF games
  • There will be some Luna battle scene
  • Armiger will NOT use MP, it will have its own system similar to that of a limit break that charges in combat situations
  • Costume change in the game you will have at least one costume included but others will be DLC
  • Real time weapon switching will be in the game you will be able to set four presets before hand to switch realtime.
  • Chocobos will be rented for intervals like 10 days or 30 days (in game) with Gil and can be called from any location with a whistle instantly
Look for a full Q&A for more information and details but I am VERY happy with these answers.

For those who were annoyed at them shoving the Luna being strong thing in people's faces, the context given in the ATR makes more sense. Tenebrae is under control of Nifilheim, but because Luna is the Oracle her city has some control of self-governance. They still however are very forceful but it seems that Luna despite having some form of immunity is not happy about the arrangement and likely is under a lot of stress from Nifilheim to force her hand but she is very resilient and strong in her will to defy against them; not being bent under their will and unafraid of their threats.

We still need to see more of course, but knowing Luna will be in some sort of fight scene in the story it seems like she truly will be a strong character in physical sense but also in her will to resist the army that has taken over virtually the entire world.

Noctis_Caelum

Chocobo Knight
Jul 15, 2014
My god all these artworks/CG looks just goddess and so realistic. O_O
You can even "feel" how the story will be dramatic and epic inside those pictures.

I think the man on the right is Gladiolus' father.
FFXV-ATR-Captures_09-19-15_003.jpg

And Noctis' bandanas gives me an idea that Noctis had his "near death experience".
FFXV-ATR-Captures_09-19-15_007.jpg

Also Regis on his throne is my favorite picture so far. He looks so badass, but also Luna with her weapon? is just epic.

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
Really liked the Chocobo gameplay: they actually feel like heavy beasts and it also looks fun and fast!

And well, I haven't watched the ATR (waiting for the subbed version), but almost everything I've read looks great, especially the combat features. Hopefully (and I'm talking about somebody who hasn't played the demo, so correct me if I'm wrong), the jump action is better this time around, less heavy and clunky. I guess we won't be able to perform the craziest aerial combos, but at least give us something nice enough.

Regarding Luna, I like it, although I wished her concept art face would have translated better to her ingame model: she looks great there. And Himefu finally gets a name, so that's nice. Hopefully she's pretty important as well and not another Jihl.

When it comes to Regis... I don't know, I actually really like his design, but I can't help but feel dissapointed, as the previous one was one of the best Nomura has ever done, by far. They could just have aged him a little bit :(

The concept art with him and the rest figthing is cool, but makes me even sadder that we won't be able to play as my man Cor :_( Cid must be the gun wielding dude, and guy on the right looks like Gladio's dad alright.

And Noctis' bandanas gives me an idea that Noctis had his "near death experience".
Actually, he seems to have a wheelchair there lol. BTW, I know it's a tiring topic so leave it aside if you want lol, but I can't feel but wonder when Luna got created, since Noctis already knew a blonde girl as a kid in the 2013 trailer (which I assumed was a dream).

So yeah, increasingly optimistic about this despite being sad about certain things and worried about certain game aspects. Hopefully they'll have an actual long trailer for Paris Games Week? S-E France seemed to tease as much in their Facebook, but who knows.

Rousteinire

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
I feel like I'm on another page regarding these new concept arts. I don't like them. People look really weird in them.

Chocobo gamepay was nice.
Yes! I feel the same with the new concept arts shown, the character illustrations feels really weird (Reminds me of vintage storybook illustrations). However, the illustration of oracle Lunafreya looks really nice.

Jun 7, 2014
Poland
Chocobo gameplay was great and Shimomura's arrangement of the Chocobo Theme sounds lovely. I feel the fishing minigame is gonna be annoying, though.

Luna in that artwork looks like a female pope lol.

somni

PSICOM Soldier
Nov 26, 2013
I feel like I'm on another page regarding these new concept arts. I don't like them. People look really weird in them.

Chocobo gamepay was nice.
Glad I'm not alone in this. It's not terrible, although some of the art shown off in the ATR's look...amateur, almost like fan art.
I kind of suspect they were made after the fact.

somni

PSICOM Soldier
Nov 26, 2013
ha, I had no objections about it being legitimate concept art. I just don't think it looks very good. Not a fan of the style, I feel it looks amateurishly done, that's all.