The chances of Final Fantasy XV being at TGS 2014???

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

Final Fantasy XV at TGS 2014?

• It's totally going to be there!

Votes: 13 35.1%
  • I am undecided if it will be shown there.

Votes: 15 40.5%
  • It won't be shown there...

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • CAN't yU SEE ThIsS GAme won'T eVer RELEASE!!!

Votes: 3 8.1%

• Total voters

KOKAYI5

Knight of Death
May 28, 2014
VIRGINIA
www.behance.net
I'm fine with "action-oriented" its not good to limit yourself to just one kind of RPG style. But it would be nice to have certain mechanics that have stuck for a long-time back with a modernized twist.
I like turn-based and action RPGs. I've tried all kinda of RPGs and games, but they're never fun for me. Action games lack story. Tactics RPGs are too slow, spending hours in a boss battle only to lose. FPS is militaristic for me, not a fan of guns and patriotism. So personally, I'd like for the FFs to alternate between ATB, Turn-Based, and action RPGs styles. Maybe make a FF with all 3 in it depending out the quest you're doing. But if 16 is like FF9, I'd be happy. They need to alternate. That way they can stick to their roots and still bring in new ideas to try now and then.

Takoyaki

SOLDIER Second Class
May 27, 2014
Who said Ito is working on another project?
Hashimoto: [laughs] You're a very unique journalist, asking about Ito-san! Yeah. He's still at Square Enix. He's been planning and doing some proposals for a new project at the moment, so... Really, he's the kind of guy that wants to challenge new things all the time, so, yeah. At the moment, he's doing... [laughs] He's putting some ideas together.
http://www.rpgsite.net/interview/31...-with-final-fantasy-producer-shinji-hashimoto
That was a year ago. I'm sure it's past that stage of proposals. :p

Squirrel Emperor

Nuts
Sep 26, 2013
Those new proposals Hiroyuki Ito is working on may not necessarily mean something big like FFXVI but mobile titles as well.

Hopefully it is FFXVI though as he’s been behind some of the best Final Fantasy games. That would be something to get excited about.

That was a year ago. I'm sure it's past that stage of proposals. :p
Assuming that is the case, he's probably stuck with a core staff and hasn't had the chance to go into full scale production yet.

Takoyaki

SOLDIER Second Class
May 27, 2014
Those new proposals Hiroyuki Ito is working on may not necessarily mean something big like FFXVI but mobile titles as well.

Hopefully it is FFXVI though as he’s been behind some of the best Final Fantasy games. That would be something to get excited about.
Assuming that is the case, he's probably stuck with a core staff and hasn't had the chance to go into full scale production yet.
Agreed. I don't think it'll enter full production till XV is done in any case.

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
Yeah, they most likely have some small core team to know what and how they want XVI to be like, but given that XV's sequels are basically guaranteed, I'm sure it's very early. Also, I don't think Nomura would be involved when it comes to art (I love him, but sometimes... cofcofFFXcofcof). I'd love something more realistic and and mature. Not too much, yeah, it's FF. But if they had a MC along the lines of Cor, Basch, Balthier... and not another pretty teenager, that would be amazing.

It's tricky, though, that it'll be affected by XV's perfomance and critics, so I guess they'll be very careful and maybe slow until they know how to tackle the declining popularity of the brand and also the industry in Japan.

And man, do I miss those times where they basically had completely new entries every few years. That's the main reason I dislike current S-E so much, among other things: I didn't like XII, but had they release a brand new numbered title in a two-four years period, I wouldn't even care about it.

Takoyaki

SOLDIER Second Class
May 27, 2014
Yeah, they most likely have some small core team to know what and how they want XVI to be like, but given that XV's sequels are basically guaranteed
I don't think XV's sequels would come first. If that's what you're implying. I think they will handle it better and bring it out later on. Plus, Nomura will be turning his attention to KH3 and I imagine the XV team will be going to work on XVI.

Takoyaki

SOLDIER Second Class
May 27, 2014
It's a mix though. There are a lot of FF staff and some interchangeable. SE Osaka exists for KH it seems so I'm thinking that's for the staff at the main offices to focus on FF.

As you have VII/VIII/X staff working on XV.

KOKAYI5

Knight of Death
May 28, 2014
VIRGINIA
www.behance.net
If we get nothing at TGS, I hope they do something big for it by or in March 2015. People aren't stupid. We aren't gonna wait forever and come running to buy something just because they finally release 3 years from now. 2006-2017. I want the game, but that's too far.

Sep 26, 2013
There's also the crew from Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children who is making the per-rendered scenes of XV but I'm not sure as to whether they will move to XVI.
Visual Works.
There is literally not much to say about Final Fantasy XVI.
Can't talk about FFXVI when FFXV isn't even out yet!
If we get nothing at TGS, I hope they do something big for it by or in March 2015. People aren't stupid. We aren't gonna wait forever and come running to buy something just because they finally release 3 years from now. 2006-2017. I want the game, but that's too far.
Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh yes you are!

KOKAYI5

Knight of Death
May 28, 2014
VIRGINIA
www.behance.net
Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh yes you are!
No I'm not. At a certain point, you stop and let it go. I've sold many of my games, comics, accessories to pay for rent , food, and medicine for my loved ones. I wanted to keep that stuff, but I still parted with it. No matter how much I love something or enjoy it or want to keep it, I can still let it go. Because moving on is more important. And I'm sure a lot of people here are the same. They want to see FF15, but they still have minds of their own. They're not sheep that will just hang on every word fed to them with no results to back it up. Sooner or later, if Square doesn't put word out there we'll all abandon them. Life goes on. Maybe we'll come back if/when the game finally comes out. But we won't be sitting around waiting. We'll be living our lives.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
No I'm not. At a certain point, you stop and let it go. I've sold many of my games, comics, accessories to pay for rent , food, and medicine for my loved ones. I wanted to keep that stuff, but I still parted with it. No matter how much I love something or enjoy it or want to keep it, I can still let it go. Because moving on is more important. And I'm sure a lot of people here are the same. They want to see FF15, but they still have minds of their own. They're not sheep that will just hang on every word fed to them with no results to back it up. Sooner or later, if Square doesn't put word out there we'll all abandon them. Life goes on. Maybe we'll come back if/when the game finally comes out. But we won't be sitting around waiting. We'll be living our lives.
Yeah, but you needed those things... this is just a game, you don't lose money or something for waiting for it. Also, the whole "living our lives" thing, do you plan on sitting around waiting for SE to announce XV information or something man? Like, when you're waiting for XV you can't do nothing but sit at your computer and waiting for information? You're a weird person.

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
In case someone hasn't seen it:

The only things that kind of caught my attention are the Open Mega Theater (already known to be there) and the Event Stage (does someone knows what that is? Like, a place where they'll host S-E Presents...?

Oh, and the DQ Heroes mini stand. Also, the nameless stand between KH II.5 and Explorers.

So, if that stand is actually about some game, there are a few possibilities: Type-0, FF XV, KH III (of course, it could be something else or nothing). I think it's too small for something like XV, but well, a demo is basically out of the question, so it wouldn't be that crazy.

Last edited:

Redichi24

PSICOM Soldier
Oct 1, 2013
By the sound of it. Square Enix wants to announce something new on FFXV sometime this year. And I reckon TGS will be the place. Other than TGS, I don't expect it anywhere else this year. Remember! Hashimoto said "You’ll want to come to Tokyo!"

Crystal Power

Keyblade Master
Nov 29, 2013
United States
Yeah, but you needed those things... this is just a game, you don't lose money or something for waiting for it. Also, the whole "living our lives" thing, do you plan on sitting around waiting for SE to announce XV information or something man? Like, when you're waiting for XV you can't do nothing but sit at your computer and waiting for information? You're a weird person.
Honestly, that was very rude to call him weird. Yea I agree we can do other things while we wait, but if someone is upset or disappointed in Square Enix on this matter then they do have a valid reason to feel that way.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Honestly, that was very rude to call him weird. Yea I agree we can do other things while we wait, but if someone is upset or disappointed in Square Enix on this matter then they do have a valid reason to feel that way.
You're not reading the whole post or understanding the joke. Would you not call someone weird who sits at their computer 24/7 until a game comes out over the span of a decade now meaning they would be doing nothing but sitting at their computer for a DECADE STRAIGHT. Of course, because absolutely no one has done that.

My point is, don't act like you're losing out on your life just because you're waiting for a game to come out. We're not all huddled around the computer refreshing various news websites day in and day out not getting any time to eat, sleep, work, socialize, etc.

It's okay to be upset with SE, but relating your financial situation with waiting for news on a video game that requires no money or effort on your part really doesn't correlate... Plus, Squirrel Emperor was joking anyways.

Crystal Power

Keyblade Master
Nov 29, 2013
United States
You're not reading the whole post or understanding the joke. Would you not call someone weird who sits at their computer 24/7 until a game comes out over the span of a decade now meaning they would be doing nothing but sitting at their computer for a DECADE STRAIGHT. Of course, because absolutely no one has done that.

My point is, don't act like you're losing out on your life just because you're waiting for a game to come out. We're not all huddled around the computer refreshing various news websites day in and day out not getting any time to eat, sleep, work, socialize, etc.

It's okay to be upset with SE, but relating your financial situation with waiting for news on a video game that requires no money or effort on your part really doesn't correlate... Plus, Squirrel Emperor was joking anyways.
While I could tell Squirrels post was a joke, from the exaggerated "ooooooooh". Sensing sarcasm and jokingly behavior can be difficult. Reading Kokay's reply on how he had to sell his items for things he need didn't sound like he was joking at all. Reading your post I'm having a hard time trying to find what could make it a joke post, people usually add "lol" or ":p" when joking. However other than that I can't detect joking behavior just by reading plain text sometimes, unless it's made obvious! :p

If I misunderstand your intentions then sorry, I just dislike bullying and the belittling of others who've done nothing wrong.

Sep 26, 2013
Thank you for realizing that. Already I'm seeing people hoping on what to expect for something that hasn't even been announced, nor nothing much has said about it.
Well... For all we know, and not trying to get your hopes up here, is that FFXVI could be pretty far along but they can't talk about it yet because of FFXV. That's wishful thinking but you never know! I think some sort of work has to of been done on it already if Square Enix wants to release it at a reasonable time this generation. Would be pretty unbelievable if we had to wait four years after FFXV comes out. We'll be approaching the end of the 8th generation.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
While I could tell Squirrels post was a joke, from the exaggerated "ooooooooh". Sensing sarcasm and jokingly behavior can be difficult. Reading Kokay's reply on how he had to sell his items for things he need didn't sound like he was joking at all. Reading your post I'm having a hard time trying to find what could make it a joke post, people usually add "lol" or ":p" when joking. However other than that I can't detect joking behavior just by reading plain text sometimes, unless it's made obvious! :p

If I misunderstand your intentions then sorry, I just dislike bullying and the belittling of others who've done nothing wrong.
Sorry, Crystal. I meant it more as an exaggeration to point out no one is losing out on their life by waiting for this game. They mentioned real material things they gave up for their family which is a great thing to do, but waiting for a game to come out is nothing like that.