The chances of Final Fantasy XV being at TGS 2014???

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Final Fantasy XV at TGS 2014?

• It's totally going to be there!

Votes: 13 35.1%
  • I am undecided if it will be shown there.

Votes: 15 40.5%
  • It won't be shown there...

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • CAN't yU SEE ThIsS GAme won'T eVer RELEASE!!!

Votes: 3 8.1%

• Total voters

Slickyslacker

PSICOM Soldier
May 25, 2014
Chicago, IL
http://gematsu.com/2014/09/tokyo-game-show-2014-live-stream-schedule

SE's TGS streaming schedule has been announced. No mention of when the Mega Theater or "unannounced stage events" will take place.

Square Enix
Official TGS Site: jp.square-enix.com
TGS Title Lineup: here

September 19 (Live)

• Bravely Second Special Stage – Featuring Tomoya Asano (Producer), Shinji Takahashi (Assistant Producer), Goemon (Dengeki Online), and Mai Aizawa (Edea Lee Voice Actress). Featuring development talk and new gameplay.
September 20 (Live)

• Junichi Suwabe and Masakazu Nishida Wake-Up Tune! TGS 2014 Tour Special – Featuring Gunslinger Stratos 2 voice actors Junichi Suwabe, Masakazu Nishida, Atsushi Abe, and Kana Ueda. Introducing a big collaboration with a popular console game.
  • Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare TGS 2014 Special Stage
  • Dragon Quest X TV TGS 2014 Tour Special Edition – Featuring Ayana Tsubaki (Star), Yosuke Saito (Producer), Makara Saito (Director), and Takashi Anzai (Planner). A special delivery of the monthly Niconico broadcast “Dragon Quest X TV” at the Tokyo Game Show. Look forward to a “Battle Trial” at the assembly hall, as the development team and MC Ayana Tsubaki challenge the game’s current strongest monster.
  • Final Fantasy XIV Producer Live Letter in Makuhari (Day 1) – Featuring Naoki Yoshida (Producer and Director). One year after the launch of A Realm Reborn, Yoshida looks at various data.
  • SiSiLaLa-San TGS 2014 Tour Edition – Featuring Takehiro Ando (Producer), Hiroaki Iwano (Producer), and Satomi Akesaka (Voice Actress). And for Kaku-San-Sei Million Arthur, featuring Alisa Fujisaki, Asayumi Mizukoshi, Miki Yokota, and Rena Sato. The latest news on Square Enix smartphone apps, as well as guest appearances from Jitsuzai-Sei Million Arthur actors and the latest news on Kaku-San-Sei Million Arthur.
September 21 (Live)

• Square Enix Music Composer Talk Show – Featuring Kenji Ito, Yoko Shimomura, and Yasunori Mitsuda, with Weekly Famitsu editor Masa Miyokawa MCing.
  • Final Fantasy VII G-Bike and Final Fantasy: Worldwide Words Creator Talk Event – Featuring Hiroshi Matsuyama (CyberConnect2 CEO), Ichiro Hazama (Producer), and Suzuki Kyohei (Director). Latest news on the fall-due Final Fantasy VII G-Bike and Final Fantasy: Worldwide Words that will soon be released.
  • Dragon Quest: Heroes Demonstration Stage – Featuring Ryota Aomi (Producer). A developer talk show and gameplay demonstration of the spring 2015-due Dragon Quest: Heroes.
  • Final Fantasy XIV Producer Live Letter in Makuhari (Day 2) – Featuring Naoki Yoshida (Producer and Director). Yoshida answers a variety of user-asked questions from around the world.
  • Divekick Battle Arena at TGS 2014

Crystal Power

Keyblade Master
Nov 29, 2013
United States
Only about a week left till Tokyo Game Show! I think Final Fantasy XV will be shown as a surprise, possibly in the Mega Theater.

Have Square Enix ever had this before, if so what type of titles are shown in Mega Theater?

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Only about a week left till Tokyo Game Show! I think Final Fantasy XV will be shown as a surprise, possibly in the Mega Theater.

Have Square Enix ever had this before, if so what type of titles are shown in Mega Theater?
From what I see the Mega Theatre is there secret theatre where they show a list of things that aren't available to the general public. Versus XIII was shown here, so it's possible that they could show XV and KHIII here if they really wanted to.

We'll have to wait and see, anything that happens in the Mega Theatre will NOT be announced ahead of time.

Crystal Power

Keyblade Master
Nov 29, 2013
United States
From what I see the Mega Theatre is there secret theatre where they show a list of things that aren't available to the general public. Versus XIII was shown here, so it's possible that they could show XV and KHIII here if they really wanted to.

We'll have to wait and see, anything that happens in the Mega Theatre will NOT be announced ahead of time.
Now that you mention it it sounds familiar. Does what ever shown there be released to the general public later?

I can't think of any other big titles they could be showing there expect Final Fantasy XV or Kingdom Hearts III, everything else was listed and has a booth. Unless they announce a completely new title! How exciting! :)

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Now that you mention it it sounds familiar. Does what ever shown there be released to the general public later?

I can't think of any other big titles they could be showing there expect Final Fantasy XV or Kingdom Hearts III, everything else was listed and has a booth. Unless they announce a completely new title! How exciting! :)
Well, IGN reported on the 9th of October about the Mega Theatre showings, which is almost a full month afterwards. Who knows what will happen this year though...

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
Worried for what? I don't think it's going to show up. But what about you, Squirrel? You seemed awfully optimistic for a day, then returned to being pessimistic again.

Sep 26, 2013
Personally, I’m not worried. I also don’t really care either.

I'm just wondering who is seriously worried about it not showing up. That's all.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2014
Miami
Personally, I’m not worried. I also don’t really care either.

I'm just wondering who is seriously worried about it not showing up. That's all.
At first, I didn't think it would show. But there might be a pattern here.

Wasn't it last year, right before E3, the Roen website "accidentally" listed Versus as XV, then they had changed back?

Now, all of a sudden, Square decides to update the XV site by outright renaming it finalfantasyxv.com? Right before TGS?

Not so sure what to think anymore. Can anyone remember a similar scenario with previous SE titles?

llazy77

Warrior of Light
May 27, 2014
At first, I didn't think it would show. But there might be a pattern here.

Wasn't it last year, right before E3, the Roen website "accidentally" listed Versus as XV, then they had changed back?

Now, all of a sudden, Square decides to update the XV site by outright renaming it finalfantasyxv.com? Right before TGS?

Not so sure what to think anymore. Can anyone remember a similar scenario with previous SE titles?
You do have a point there the website situation pretty much confirms it will be there

Crystal Power

Keyblade Master
Nov 29, 2013
United States
LOL Hopefully! I'd feel more optimistic if it updated soon, or at least was the site to update first. Since TGS is a Japanese gaming event.

Also, I'm not worried but I am hoping (I believe it most likely will be there) it be shown, if it isn't then it's not like it was unexpected.

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
Not worried, at the end of the day this is only about videogames, a hobby. But even if I'm not going to be surprised, my dislike for S-E will grow even more.

BTW, in this thread there were some interesting things I don't know how to interpret, lol: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=129773945#post129773945

Final Fantasy XIII written backwards=Final Fantasy Versus XIII. Right, guys? right?

llazy77

Warrior of Light
May 27, 2014
Not worried, at the end of the day this is only about videogames, a hobby. But even if I'm not going to be surprised, my dislike for S-E will grow even more.

BTW, in this thread there were some interesting things I don't know how to interpret, lol: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=129773945#post129773945

Final Fantasy XIII written backwards=Final Fantasy Versus XIII. Right, guys? right?
Yes because it being written backwards is opposite and versus/Xv will be opposite of what ffxiii was that means it will be a good game.