The chances of Final Fantasy XV being at TGS 2014???

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Final Fantasy XV at TGS 2014?

• It's totally going to be there!

Votes: 13 35.1%
  • I am undecided if it will be shown there.

Votes: 15 40.5%
  • It won't be shown there...

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • CAN't yU SEE ThIsS GAme won'T eVer RELEASE!!!

Votes: 3 8.1%

• Total voters

Slickyslacker

PSICOM Soldier
May 25, 2014
Chicago, IL
While it may "take 3 years to make a new Final Fantasy game", Versus XIII/XV has already broken lord-knows-how-many records of longevity, as Azuardo alluded to.

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/where-final-fantasy-went-wrong-and-how-square-enix-is-righting-it

I'm sure this article has been posted on Mognet before, but it's from May of this year. It speaks slightly to the development architecture and strategies of SE's staff about getting their work done.

By 12/2015, FF XV will have had 3 years and 5 months worth of full development time on DirectX. If it actually ends up releasing by that time, then that would make for around 3 years and a few months (minus the time required for disc manufacturing and shipping).

Would that be enough for this game? I couldn't possibly fathom. Only SE can grant us some guiding light.

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
Did square have a mega theater last year?
Yep:

Let's hope for a better TGS this year, not only by SE, but also the rest of the companies. And I'm not even talking about new games announcements (it's TGS, almost everything is announced before it to later showcase demos, info...)

Regarding XV, this complete and utter silence is either a sign that they have something or a sign that they now care even less about their fans' hearts lol. I'm leaning towards the latter.

Basically my only bastion of hope is those Video Game Orchestra's tweets. Talk about reaching lol.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Regarding XV, this complete and utter silence is either a sign that they have something or a sign that they now care even less about their fans' hearts lol. I'm leaning towards the latter.

Basically my only bastion of hope is those Video Game Orchestra's tweets. Talk about reaching lol.
Calm down already...

Jul 29, 2014
Miami
Agreed. They would have announced its absence from TGS by now. And we haven't heard a peep on Type-0, though to be fair, I don't think the next-gen version was officially announced for Japan.

We can MacGyver all these clues together to mean something in the grand scheme of Square's logic, but it might not mean a thing.

Knowing my crappy luck, Square will formally announce XV's absence tomorrow morning. :(

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
Agreed. They would have announced its absence from TGS by now. And we haven't heard a peep on Type-0, though to be fair, I don't think the next-gen version was officially announced for Japan.

We can MacGyver all these clues together to mean something in the grand scheme of Square's logic, but it might not mean a thing.

Knowing my crappy luck, Square will formally announce XV's absence tomorrow morning. :(
You are reading too much into things. Relax a bit. Just a few days left, so there's no point in fretting over things. Same goes for all of you.

Crystal Power

Keyblade Master
Nov 29, 2013
United States
Well, Not trying to be a pessimist. Certainly not trying to look to deep into things or over exaggerate the situation. It's only like a couple to a few days away. BUT I don't understand the reason why Square Enix is still being secretive about Final Fantasy XV. It did make sense to hold back on releasing any information while they were re-branding it from Versus XIII to XV, but what is the point in doing so now?

A simple way to handle things would give a yes or no answer imo. ^^;;

Oh well, if anyone can't offer any speculation maybe Square Enix will tell us one day.

APZonerunner

Network Boss-man
Administrator
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
Jul 25, 2013
Solihull, UK
www.rpgsite.net

For what it's worth, you don't announce an absence generally speaking. You announce if it's there and gloss over it and not mention it if not. They only did it at E3 because incorrect reports forced their hand. It's like politics: if you make promises, come the next election you talk about the ones you fulfilled, not the ones you didn't.

KOKAYI5

Knight of Death
May 28, 2014
VIRGINIA
www.behance.net
Thats why I can't have a job that lying is excepted. Or where avoiding the truth is seen as professional. If it were me I'd do my job as best I could and if I mess up I'd apologize and work hard to make it up to consumer or voters if I was a world leader. I hink Square will save their best info for the middle of tgs. Don't most devs do that? The beginning and end of an event is smaller info. The middle days is the time for huge announcements.

Jul 29, 2014
Miami
For what it's worth, you don't announce an absence generally speaking. You announce if it's there and gloss over it and not mention it if not. They only did it at E3 because incorrect reports forced their hand. It's like politics: if you make promises, come the next election you talk about the ones you fulfilled, not the ones you didn't.
LOL. The way Square dances around the truth, they might find new life in politics. :p

But I do agree with the whole glossing over part. Back in TGS 2012, I recall Hashimoto randomly telling a journalist, "Not this year, sorry" or something along those lines, when asked about Versus.

But I believe in E3 2012, I think Nomura had formally said Versus wouldn't show, either. Don't quote me or anything, but I believe that's what happened.

Side Note: I can only imagine how often Square showcases other games (Bravely Second, KH HD, etc.) but most journalism outlets will probably just grill them for XV info. This game will unfortunately overshadow their other titles, good, bad or otherwise.

Sep 26, 2013
Will the FFXV blind optimists continue to enjoy the self-abuse they inflict upon themselves and not learn anything from all of this?

Or will they finally, FINALLY, have the last laugh and be able to say, "Ha! I told you FFXV would be at TGS! I was right this time! I knew it would be there! It just made too much logical sense!"

You won't have to wait long to find out so stay tuned!