The truth about FFXVersus XIII

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

xXDibbs

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Feb 25, 2018
I read the interview it was cancelled due to it having technical difficulties due to engine and other difficulties due to Square.

So it's not as simple as it would have come out if it was good that completely undermines to complexities of the development or the development of anything in general
Square wanted something that they thought was profitable they didn't think Versus would be that profitable as a trilogy so they settled for this not so much that Versus was bad, I think even Square knows if they didn't saddle Versus with what they did, and didn't meddle with it, it would have at least been a good game maybe even great considering who was working on it.
Correct me if I'm wrong here but wasn't Versus rebooted into XV?

That was my understanding of it at least

Alekzan

ShinRa SOLDIER
Jan 7, 2017
It seems, someone, who are on my ignored list, posted again threir sweet dreams about Versus and their god Nomura.
Hard to accept truth, especially, when we finally have more infomation about that hell project. But better live in illusions. Sigh...

xXDibbs

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Feb 25, 2018
It seems, someone, who are on my ignored list, posted again threir sweet dreams about Versus and their god Nomura.
Hard to accept truth, especially, when we finally have more infomation about that hell project. But better live in illusions. Sigh...
Chill my man, no need for the passive aggression, Versus was ultimately a concept and XV is the product.

Thats all it is and all it will ever be, nothing will change that.

Alekzan

ShinRa SOLDIER
Jan 7, 2017
@xXDibbs Lol, it seems you misunderstaning what does even mean 'passive aggression'.
The one and only aggressive side was, is and will be, those Versus fanatics, who wont stop spreading their nonsense everywhere.
And this 'Versus was ultimately a concept and XV is the product' use should use against them, cause they cant accept it and will always deny it.

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
Correct me if I'm wrong here but wasn't Versus rebooted into XV?

That was my understanding of it at least
Versus was sorta rebooted into XV originally what was supposed to happen was every concept that was seen in the original trailers were meant for each part so while it may have been a reboot it would retain enough familiarity with the original concept to the point where it could be seen as just a name change with a few changes. At least that's how it was supposed to be as seen with the FFXV 2013 Trailers.

Part 1 of Versus XIII/Nomura's XV was supposed to come out in 2014, but I believe it got delayed to 2016 for a few reasons
I believe one being the rewrites(as in rewriting the 3 game plot into 1 game)
The other one being optimization, and making the entire game in Luminous instead of just using it for the lighting.

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
@xXDibbs Lol, it seems you misunderstaning what does even mean 'passive aggression'.
The one and only aggressive side was, is and will be, those Versus fanatics, who wont stop spreading their nonsense everywhere.
And this 'Versus was ultimately a concept and XV is the product' use should use against them, cause they cant accept it and will always deny it.
Ok I'm gonna be honest I've seen more shit from XV fans than Versus ones but whatever I mean before I came here llazy77 and some other guy they were basically stomped over.
Most of the Versus fans rage is more directed at Square they have no real bone to pick with the fans.
I mean you guys have people like Bazztek for god's sakes and I don't want to get into him
I don't hate anyone that likes XV I mean if you like XV cool just don't be a dick about it.
I'm just a Versus hopeful just like llazy77 maybe a bit annoying and for that I apologize I mean hell I got shat all over just for even thinking Versus XV could be possible.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Looking at things in the present, FFXV is still alive, and by well, I meant that it still has a large fanbase, sold 7 million copies, and is still getting further development to fix the story.

That looks well off to me given the current situation.

Is the story the best that it could be?

No, of course not. No one said the story was fine as is.

The game is doing well in that it is still getting a crap tonne of post released support - something most games do not get.

FFXV is still going in order to fix its flaws - which is a good thing!

xXShuyaXx

Forest Owl
May 25, 2016
Looking at things in the present, FFXV is still alive, and by well, I meant that it still has a large fanbase, sold 7 million copies, and is still getting further development to fix the story.

That looks well off to me given the current situation.

Is the story the best that it could be?

No, of course not. No one said the story was fine as is.

The game is doing well in that it is still getting a crap tonne of post released support - something most games do not get.

FFXV is still going in order to fix its flaws - which is a good thing!
Least we didn't get the Andromeda, BF2, Metal Gear Survive, D2 treatment. It could have been so far worse.

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
Least we didn't get the Andromeda, BF2, Metal Gear Survive, D2 treatment. It could have been so far worse.
We could have also gotten something so much better
Like the Witcher treatment as a series you know 1, 2 and 3
Like FFXV Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3 given enough time to be fleshed out story wise, and amazing gameplay wise and no cinematic brainless boss fights please

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
Like FFXV Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3 given enough time to be fleshed out story wise, and amazing gameplay wise and no cinematic brainless boss fights please
Since when was the Witcher series a paragon of gameplay? >_>; I was under the impression that the fawning treatment it gets is almost entirely down to its well-done dark fantasy story rather than its (rather uninspiring, from what I've heard) gameplay.

Since when was Final Fantasy not known for being cinematic? That's pretty much been the identity of the series since 1997.

And since when was turning what ought to be a single game into a series better? I'd much rather have a complete version of FFXV as a single game in 2019 than a three-part series that could be releasing titles until 2021.

xXShuyaXx

Forest Owl
May 25, 2016
I don't know about you, but I found the TW story pretty sub. Wasn't anything special.

And strange you know? When Nomura first hinted at a multi part epic, everyone was against it back then. And I ain't even low-balling it. Literally 99% of the reaction was against it, the same reaction that VIIR got with the episodic announcement.

If you were there back then, you have also been against it, no doubt it. Yet now when it's most convenient, people want it back. Ironic really.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
Whats funny is that we only ever heard of the multi-part implication being a thing with early FFXV, and not for Versus XIII during its own days.

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
Since when was the Witcher series a paragon of gameplay? >_>; I was under the impression that the fawning treatment it gets is almost entirely down to its well-done dark fantasy story rather than its (rather uninspiring, from what I've heard) gameplay.

Since when was Final Fantasy not known for being cinematic? That's pretty much been the identity of the series since 1997.

And since when was turning what ought to be a single game into a series better? I'd much rather have a complete version of FFXV as a single game in 2019 than a three-part series that could be releasing titles until 2021.
I don't mind the cinematic as long it's not Leviathan

>FFXV
>complete choose one
I don't know about you, but I found the TW story pretty sub. Wasn't anything special.

And strange you know? When Nomura first hinted at a multi part epic, everyone was against it back then. And I ain't even low-balling it. Literally 99% of the reaction was against it, the same reaction that VIIR got with the episodic announcement.

If you were there back then, you have also been against it, no doubt it. Yet now when it's most convenient, people want it back. Ironic really.
Actually I was there during the episodic announcement thing, I wasn't to sure but I warmed up to it. I love Nomura's work, I absolutely loved what Versus/XV 2013 was showing so if he needed 3 games to tell the story i'd be for it. I mean that would be amazing.

For FFVII I can kind of understand since it means they have to change the story a bit when most people just wanted FFVII but with better graphics, voice acting, and animations.

xXShuyaXx

Forest Owl
May 25, 2016
I don't mind the cinematic as long it's not Leviathan

>FFXV
>complete choose one

Actually I was there during the episodic announcement thing, I wasn't to sure but I warmed up to it. I love Nomura's work, I absolutely loved what Versus/XV 2013 was showing so if he needed 3 games to tell the story i'd be for it. I mean that would be amazing.

For FFVII I can kind of understand since it means they have to change the story a bit when most people just wanted FFVII but with better graphics, voice acting, and animations.
You can't get FFVII with as a AAA current gen game in a single game, regardless of the changes being made.

T.O.T

Blitzball Champion
Feb 2, 2017
You can't get FFVII with as a AAA current gen game in a single game, regardless of the changes being made.
Large scale RPGs on console will certainly be going through some experimenting for awhile until a solid example is made that a majority of players will support. While FFXV certainly is not the first to allure toward a possible solution, I think notes of its release structure could be viewed at for future titles in the RPG world imo.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Exactly this.

We could have gotten something better, of course. You do have a point.

But it’s also a moot point since pining over the past does nothing to improve upon what’s in the present so the future will be better.

Would you rather they not work on this game anymore and just leave it in the state it is in?

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
Exactly this.

We could have gotten something better, of course. You do have a point.

But it’s also a moot point since pining over the past does nothing to improve upon what’s in the present so the future will be better.

Would you rather they not work on this game anymore and just leave it in the state it is in?
What I want Jubileus ok I'll say what I want I'm ok with them making new assets for XV, doing all that they can to hide their mess that they made BUT, BUT yes the big ass big BUTT
I hope that Square thinks about making a Versus XV using all the assets that they have made for XV including the DLC, everything, all the knowledge, all the gameplay systems(except merged with Kingdom Hearts so basically Episode Duscae UI mixed with Command Deck). I mean I want to see FFXV un-compromised, no problem this, problem that, use that finished engine that you have, round up the KH3 team, get Nojima, and get Nomura and have them make the best Versus game or trilogy they can possibly make with what they have and what they can create.

Use those alternate realities in a very meaningful and interesting way Final Fantasy Versus XV Earth 2 of FFXV

Also I have bit of morbid curiosity I mean Square at one point thought they could asspull FFXV Part 1 with only 25 percent of Versus XIII so I'm curious what they could do with 100% of FFXV and the DLCs as well, I don't know what kind of miracle they were expecting but hey if they thought they could do that then I imagine what they could do with XV right now maybe they would have to rework some things but I would totally would love to see what they could do and hopefully have less troubles in the way.

I mean as long as it's good and contains most if not all I wanted to see in Versus XIII and keep the magic of it then I'll be the happiest man alive that day. I don't care if it's on the PS4 gen or PS5 as long as it's on PC.
But honestly looking at how far they are pushing this DLC, and this entire XV Universe nonsense makes me just wish they had just gone with the trilogy which probably would have ended sooner like 2018(PS I doubt the whole 2020-2021 thing) I mean they would have more stuff to work with so I suspect they would just do sequels in 2 years like FFXIII not 3-4

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
its impressive how many don't understand this.

they think single-games with modern graphics and with the same massive content of FFVII can be done, yet they don't give any examples of one...

Last edited: