What games are you playing now?

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
May 26, 2014
FF IV gets harder as the game progresses. The enemies in the final area of the game can pretty much OHKO the weaker party members.
That's good. Though I just got the Enterprise and it's still ridiculously easy. :p Not that it's out of the ordinary for a FF game to be easy. This game's just more so in my opinion. It also really sucks
losing Cecil's Darkness attack. Screw righteousness, I want my sweet Dark Knight powers back!

Azuardo

Keyblade Master
Sep 26, 2013
FFIX
Odin Sphere Leifthrasir
Bravely Second (finishing final chapter)
Uncharted Collection (just finished in prep for U4)

I've been grinding like a maniac in Diablo 3 for the platinum trophy. Literally just need to level my Barbarian up twelve more times and it will be mine. >:|

Also been playing through Oxenfree for the first time. I'm not sure if I'd recommend it, but it's an interesting game, kiiiiind of like a 2D Life is Strange with the whole teenagers mucking about with supernatural occurences thing. Honestly I'll have to see the ending to decide if it's worth encouraging my friends to play.

That's good. Though I just got the Enterprise and it's still ridiculously easy. :p Not that it's out of the ordinary for a FF game to be easy. This game's just more so in my opinion. It also really sucks
losing Cecil's Darkness attack. Screw righteousness, I want my sweet Dark Knight powers back!
Cecil was always a righteous or at least honourable character. He openly questioned his king about his drive for conquest and the methods with which the Mysidians were treated and felt aghast about him and Kain being tricked into outright genocide on the people of Mist Village. Becoming a Paladin was less about him getting on a righteous path, but it reflected who he actually was underneath the curtain of destructive darkness from which he drew his power prior to the events on Mt. Ordeals (which, by the way, involve a giant mirror, which is universally a symbol for "truth").

dissasterrific

fal'Cie Goddess
Administrator
Site Staff
Mar 6, 2016
cosmos
I'm focusing on playing Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel right now. My expectations for it were based from my experience with Trails in the Sky, which are currently being met so I'm enjoying it tons. I I'm around 10 hours in but I'd already recommend it to people just for the battle system, it's pretty great! Rather text-heavy though but I can't complain when the story and characters altogether are interesting.

On the side I have started a 4th playthrough of FFVII, just for my FF marathon. Also started Tales of the Abyss but I'll probably get back to it after finishing Cold Steel. Lastly there's Ever17, which I started to fill in the void Zero Escape left.

Last edited:

heartimecia

Balamb Garden Freshman
Feb 2, 2016
Florida
Overwatch is practically my life. I took a break from it in order to play Zero Time Dilemma, but now I'm back at it and it's pretty much all I play. I am replaying some favorite visual novels of mine (Ever17, Sharin no Kuni, G Senjou no Maou) in the meantime but that's going quite slowly. With Overwatch, I HAVE to play it at least an hour a day. Usually play for way more. If it weren't for work, I'd play it most of the day.

May 26, 2014
No kidding. Only a few hours into it and I'm already feeling it.
Well the payoff in the true ending is amazing, so just stick with it even if it takes forever to get there (it took me more than 3 years to finish all the paths, but maybe I'm just ridiculously slow or something).

Are you playing (err... reading?) the original version or the Xbox version?

dissasterrific

fal'Cie Goddess
Administrator
Site Staff
Mar 6, 2016
cosmos
Well the payoff in the true ending is amazing, so just stick with it even if it takes forever to get there (it took me more than 3 years to finish all the paths, but maybe I'm just ridiculously slow or something).

Are you playing (err... reading?) the original version or the Xbox version?
Original version! And definitely sticking to it until the end, I'm always awed with Uchikoshi's writing so.

Jun 7, 2014
Poland
Quite a bit late to the party but I finally started Nier and so fat it's pretty good but I'm still early in the game. Great characters, intriguing story and absolutely amazing voice acting. I fell in love with it the moment I heard Bailey in the intro (and I still just have to watch the first 30 seconds of it every time I start the game haha).

ChingleeTribal

SOLDIER, First Class
Mar 27, 2016
Star Ocean V. But I've been really busy the past 4 days so haven't been able to play recently. Off work today so maybe I'll do an 8-9 hour straight playthrough!

Guitar (pseudo)God

Blitzball Champion
Aug 14, 2016
All over
Nice. My favorite (or second favorite, or... err... ok, it's one of my favorites) FF game and my least favorite FF game. Not hard to tell which one is which! :p

Anyway, I'm playing Final Fantasy IV for the first time! :) Sooo dang good so far. The story is more interesting than the other SNES FF games. Well, better than V at least. I haven't tried VI (yeah, yeah, I know).

Also, is it just me, or is this the easiest FF in existence? I got through nearly the whole first field area and cave without taking a single hit. The only time I took damage was when I purposely waited for the enemies to attack, since I thought there was something wrong with my game and they weren't attacking for some reason. Turns out they were just being slow. Actually though, I might be making this game a bit easier than it's supposed to be because I'm playing the PSP version and I turned turn switching on, and I'm pretty sure you can't do that in the original game.

By the way... Edward is useless!!!
Sorry if I'm LTTP here, but I'd recommend you check out the DS (or PC/mobile) version when you've finished the original. I played the original to death when I was a kid, but as an adult (most of the time), this quickly became my favorite version. And this version will put up a decent fight too.

May 26, 2014
Sorry if I'm LTTP here, but I'd recommend you check out the DS (or PC/mobile) version when you've finished the original. I played the original to death when I was a kid, but as an adult (most of the time), this quickly became my favorite version. And this version will put up a decent fight too.
I'll think about trying that version. The interface is a big turn off for me there though, at least for the mobile/PC version. Haven't looked too much at the DS version. I'm talking about the battle menu by the way. Honestly if I ever get the urge to replay it I'm more likely to try out the SNES version or just replay the PSP version.

Guitar (pseudo)God

Blitzball Champion
Aug 14, 2016
All over
I'll think about trying that version. The interface is a big turn off for me there though, at least for the mobile/PC version. Haven't looked too much at the DS version. I'm talking about the battle menu by the way. Honestly if I ever get the urge to replay it I'm more likely to try out the SNES version or just replay the PSP version.
I have the DS and the mobile version. Believe it or not, I prefer the mobile version. The mobile version replaces the DS touch screen implementation (Whyte...urgh) with something I consider more non-intrusive (the Eidolon adventure). The mobile UI is pretty decent, all things considered. I played it on my iPad and I didn't find it hindered the game. The larger screen helped too.

Regardless of version, the augment system really freshens up the game and well worth the price of admission.

May 26, 2014
I have the DS and the mobile version. Believe it or not, I prefer the mobile version. The mobile version replaces the DS touch screen implementation (Whyte...urgh) with something I consider more non-intrusive (the Eidolon adventure). The mobile UI is pretty decent, all things considered. I played it on my iPad and I didn't find it hindered the game. The larger screen helped too.

Regardless of version, the augment system really freshens up the game and well worth the price of admission.
I'd be a lot more willing to try the mobile version if I had a tablet, but I don't. And I doubt I'll be able to navigate the menus fast without buttons, so I'd have to put it on wait mode. So if I ever try any version of the 3D FF4 I think it'd have to be the DS one.