Xenoblade Chronicles X Announced

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Sep 26, 2013
Fact Sheet from Nintendo's Press Kit

X Marks the Spot

The next massive sci-fi role-playing game from Monolith Soft, the creators of Baten Kaitos and Xenoblade Chronicles, comes exclusively to Wii U. A terrible intergalactic war leaves just a handful of Earth survivors trying to live in a beautiful yet hostile environment. Players engage in battles against powerful creatures of all forms and sizes using the deep battle system that builds on the triumphs of Xenoblade Chronicles for Wii.

FEATURES:
  • Riding and controlling a weaponized mech, players can explore every inch of the massive open world displayed in gorgeous high-definition graphics. The world is filled with strange and imaginative creatures, from small bugs to giant dinosaurs.
  • As characters improve in different classes, they will learn new combat and defensive skills, or Arts. Players can customize the Arts palette as their characters learn new Arts. All Arts have a “recast” time – once cast, the player must wait out a “cooldown” period before that Art can be used again.
  • Players can customize everything about the main character’s appearance, including gender, shapes, height, skin color, voice and tattoos.

And cue people whinging about downgrades around the internet.

They gave us a trailer showing cutscenes and character model faces and people are crying graphical downgrade when the Shulk(?) face from the earliest trailer never looked too hot either, and when up until NOW they've only shown environmental vistas and the mechs. Unbelievable. And people turn round to shit on the industry for focusing on graphics and fidelity over gameplay and substance.

Can't wait for a more comprehensive showing, and I'm glad that they released a storyline trailer to assuage my fears that this would just be like a Monster Hunter with mechs multiplayer game. The name is iffy (Xenoblade Chronicles Cross?), and I'm wondering where this chronologically fits with the first Xenoblade...if it even does.

Sep 26, 2013
A Few Tidbits On Xenoblade Chronicles X’s Story And Setting

"Nintendo have shared a few more tidbits about Xenoblade Chronicles X, the upcoming open-world RPG for Wii U by Monolith Soft. Over Twitter, Nintendo of America shared:

At the beginning of Xenoblade Chronicles X, two alien factions are at war above Earth. Unfortunately, their war is destroying Earth. The human race then evacuates the Earth in two arc ships.

Your game starts as you wake from stasis and create your character.

Nintendo held a lengthy live-stream where they played through a small portion of the beginning of Xenoblade Chronicles X earlier this afternoon at E3. The area that was explored in the demo was a vast one surrounding a city called Neo Los Angeles. A number of locations around this area featured the American flag painted on.
Xenoblade Chronicles X will feature a class system. “Drifter” is the class you’ll start out with, and you’ll be able to change classes, giving you access to different abilities. The stream also revealed that, like Xenoblade, the game will feature a day-and-night cycle, as well as real-time weather changes.

Enemy behaviours will change from day to night. For example, predators will come out to hunt at night, while you might see certain other creatures sleeping at night."

Source: http://www.siliconera.com/2014/06/10/tidbits-xenoblade-chronicles-xs-story-setting/

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
I'm gonna see the gameplay right now. The story trailer (which I previously thought would entice me) did nothing for me. Perhaps it's the creepy characters. Or the story itself is uninteresting. Who knows. I'll post my thoughts on it later.

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
Saw the gameplay, looks (and feels) a lot like Xenoblade. Big ass world with apparently no invisible walls, all for you to explore. That has got me really excited. The game can look very ugly at times, there's not denying it; but the massive draw distance can explain why the graphics aren't as refined. Something I don't like is that the MC is an avatar and that's it. There's no Shulk and his personal quest this time, and for me, it kinda kills the experience a bit. Also, the story so far doesn't seem very interesting to me. Maybe it's the futuristic setting. But who knows, maybe it turns out to be pretty good. Also, I can't stand those characters. I still have nightmares thanks to those creeps in Star Ocean 4, and these look like them, if not worse. But the gameplay is king, so I'm excited.