Your favorite Video Game Music

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Wazi the pa

Samurai Legend
Site Staff
Oct 26, 2013
Australia
There are some music in video games that just uses ambient sounds to set the atmosphere, mood and tone.
LIMBO, I say to you, is one of them.

dissasterrific

fal'Cie Goddess
Administrator
Site Staff
Mar 6, 2016
cosmos
I've recently finished Zero Time Dilemma and currently experiencing the Zero Escape aftermath depression for various reasons.
Here are my absolute favorites from the series' music:

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
I'm guessing my favourite ones are JRPG ones, for the most part. I guess it's the nostalgia, mixed with the variety an JRPG has in terms of music, its (usually) coziness and obviously the quality they more than often have.

The comfiest and most nostalgic one for me is, no doubt, this one:

If there's a song that defines FF IX, the series and videogames in general, it's this one. Still remember being 8 years old and finally getting out of the forest for the first time, with all the mist sorrounding you :_

Outside of FFs and RPGs in general, I'd say TLOU has one of the most unique, gorgeous soundtracks I've ever listened to. Its great integration in the storytelling helps a lot, but on its own it's still amazing. Santaolalla is a master:

NemesisSP

ShinRa SOLDIER
Dec 1, 2013
I really have to many to count, but I guess if I had to choose one it would be this one.

It's the violins that do it for me. ;)

NemesisSP

ShinRa SOLDIER
Dec 1, 2013

Actually, I would have to mention this, because this is a real piece of musical genius. I have a lot more, but just from how well constructed it is, to just how impressive it is given the PS1's over all sound quality. I couldn't really describe it any better than that every time I listen to it, I can't help but be swept up in it. I would sometimes turn on the game just for this piece. I don't do that often enough with any game.