Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
Only fifteen days left before the biggest mainstream gaming event on Earth, with all the big developers and publishers in attendance. Everyone's got their favorites that they want to be there, and everyone's got their dreams of what should be there. After last year's E3 did the seemingly impossible and revealed FF VII Remake and Nier:Automata, here's hoping everyone brings out their big guns. Here's my hoped-for appearances (confirmed appearances excluded, this is purely a wishlist).

From Square Enix: Resurgences of Nier:Automata, Kingdom Hearts III, World of Final Fantasy. And possibly having Mobius FF and Type-0 Online (and DQH2 for forms' sake) confirmed for Western release. Now for something totally out there: Type-1 confirmed as a separate universe from the Type-0 set up, worked on by a different team with Tabata in a supervisory role while he's finishing XV.

From Bandai Namco: appearances for Tales of Berseria, and possibly something totally out of the blue such as confirmation of Tales of Tempest R or Tales of Innocence localization by a descent company (hated the hackjob that's Hearts R's localization).

From EA: something other that sports games, and a descent look at Mass Effect Andromeda (and see whether they'll use a frontman or a frontwoman this time). Maybe even a new Dragon Age game, or a Star Wars RPG that's not a bog-standard Light-v-Dark scenario but something more nuanced (maybe from someone who actually understands what the ending of VI was getting at).

From Blizzard: a more subdued new project without scenes that look and sound like they've been ripped from Lord of the Rings and blended with Wagnerian operatics. Maybe a new IP. Possibly a new Diablo.

Well, there's my high hopes and low opinions. All speakers welcome!

Last edited:

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
Excluiding confirmed stuff. My wishlist:

From SQUARE-ENIX:
  1. Kingdom Hearts III trailer, mostly showing battle footage in an already shown world. The In Development banner is shown at the end of the trailer.
  2. KH2.8 trailer.
  3. Tabata casually teases that he's been working on new game (alongside XV) during the ATR, doesn't disclose the exact nature about but teases that we will know about it during this fall.
From SONY:
  1. The Last Guardian trailer and release date.

I am mostly hoping Sony and Microsoft show off some new IPs and exclusives and don't dedicate their time to just discussing their VR stuff. That's coming from someone totally disinterested in VR, of course -- I know its presence is inevitable but I want some plain ol' games. Specifically I really want to see more from Horizon Zero Dawn.

Aside from that the only developer conference I have any expectation for or interest in is EA's. I'd really love to see the new Star Wars games in the pipeline as well as Mass Effect Andromeda.

I always look forward to Ubisoft's conference because of Aisha (I hope she is hosting this year) but their games are a giant yawn for me.

Infest

Blitzball Champion
Sep 8, 2014
Germany
Tabata casually teases that he's been working on new game (alongside XV) during the ATR, doesn't disclose the exact nature about but teases that we will know about it during this fall.
It'd be suicidal timing to drop sth. like that. If there's one thing they should do right now, it's focussing 100% on FFXV - especially Tabata. Statements like that can be misinterpreted easily and they certainly don't want headlines like "FF XV director already working on new project" before the game launches.

Also they shouldn't really tease anything anymore if it's not coming out within the next 2 years.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
It'd be suicidal timing to drop sth. like that. If there's one thing they should do right now, it's focussing 100% on FFXV - especially Tabata. Statements like that can be misinterpreted easily and they certainly don't want headlines like "FF XV director already working on new project" before the game launches.

Also they shouldn't really tease anything anymore if it's not coming out within the next 2 years.
Sounds resonable.

Redichi24

PSICOM Soldier
Oct 1, 2013
Horizon Zero Dawn (pretty obvious this will be there), Kingdom Hearts III, Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8, The Last Guardian, Rime, World of Final Fantasy.

Infest

Blitzball Champion
Sep 8, 2014
Germany
My expectations/wishes regarding FFXV at E3 are pretty simple:
I want to see an epic trailer that also uses some CG scenes, god I'm tired of random gameplay snippets, I want to see the heavy stuff - the meat of the story. Just look at E3 2013, that's how you edit a perfect trailer with a combination of CG and "gameplay" scenes.

Other stuff:
Last Guardian release date
God of War PS4 announcement
Horizon Zero Dawn release date
Ni No Kuni 2 gameplay

Jun 7, 2014
Poland
  • Some new info and maybe release dates for everything announced at last year's e3 (TLG, FF7R, Horizon, Ni no Kuni 2, Mass Effect, Nier etc.)
  • New IP from Naughty Dog.
  • Some actual gameplay from CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077.
  • Atlus announces they don't hate Europe anymore. Persona 5 and SMT4:Apocalypse get european release dates.
And my fever dream:
  • Beyond Good & Evil 2 exists

Some actual gameplay from CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077.
They already stated that they won't share information on this game until next year.

Atlus announces they don't hate Europe anymore. Persona 5 and SMT4:Apocalypse get european release dates.
This. So. Much.

@topic:
  • XSEED announces Trails of Cold Steel II and Trails in the Sky 3rd formally for US and EU, confirms working on Ys VIII, Tokyo Xanadu, Trails of Zero/Blue
  • Square Enix reconfirms Dragon Quest Builders and announces physical Vita version; Dragon Quest Heroes II is announced for early 2017; Dragon Quest XI is west-bound late 2017; World of Final Fantasy finally gets a date; Romancing SaGa II Vita version is confirmed; SaGa Scarlet Grace is coming west; KH I.5 and II.5 are getting re-released on PS4; new trailers for KH III and NieR Automata
  • Bandai Namco announces Ni No Kuni II
  • IFI announces Black Rose Valkyrie
  • Nintendo teases new Retro Studios project; new EAD Tokyo Project; new MLSI project; announces dates for DQ VII and VIII; announces Wii U pricedrop; Gunvolt Collection is coming west
  • Sega announces Sakura Wars VI and Sakura Wars Collection for PC; Valkyria Chronicles II&III are getting PC re-releases with III coming west for the first time
  • Sony announces a new Wild Arms
  • Microsoft steps down from Windows Universal Apps; confirms that ReCore and Scalebound are coming to PC
  • Ubisoft announces a new UbiArt engine game, possibly a RPG in the vein of Child of Light; announces Beyond Good & Evil II as a co-production with Nintendo