Final Fantasy Versus XV Megathread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
Free updates for the DLC themselves?

Wow. Where did you hear this from? Updates for the base game I get, but DLC? Didn’t see that coming.
Free updates for the base game I meant not the DLC

What I meant was the free updates coming with the season 2 of DLC like how the Chap 13 update came with Episode Gladio or in conjunction to episode gladio

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFXV/comments/7e5lny/what_may_have_happened_to_ffxv_during_the/

"ーーThe story is still a mystery, but is there anything like a theme that you can share at this time?

This is a tough question, more or less the theme is ''bonds''.... I think. The core of the story is heavy compared to the series, but the mood is relatively a light comedy. In this story, we are focusing on the daily lives of friends. So depending on how you look at it, the story mucks about a bit (laughs)."

illazy and heyveryone darker versus dreams shattered... by nomura.

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFXV/comments/7e5lny/what_may_have_happened_to_ffxv_during_the/

"ーーThe story is still a mystery, but is there anything like a theme that you can share at this time?

This is a tough question, more or less the theme is ''bonds''.... I think. The core of the story is heavy compared to the series, but the mood is relatively a light comedy. In this story, we are focusing on the daily lives of friends. So depending on how you look at it, the story mucks about a bit (laughs)."

When did I say I had darker Versus dreams?

I just wanted it's complete story as in part 1 through 3 with whatever darker elements that were in it.

xXShuyaXx

Forest Owl
May 25, 2016

Shattered.

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
“I would say misery and worry play a huge part in the story and when the plot was being first considered I spoke with Mr. Kitase and we decided to take an even more “sad’ direction for the story” – Tetsuya Nomura on Versus XIII Story

“People will cry because of the story, they will get involved into it and will be crying for a whole week and on!”- Yoshinori Kitase giving his view on Versus XIII story

Not really

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
Could you elaborate?
“I would say misery and worry play a huge part in the story and when the plot was being first considered I spoke with Mr. Kitase and we decided to take an even more “sad’ direction for the story” – Tetsuya Nomura on Versus XIII Story

“People will cry because of the story, they will get involved into it and will be crying for a whole week and on!”- Yoshinori Kitase giving his view on Versus XIII story

upload_2017-12-3_6-1-24.png

Looks like it came straight out of the omen trailer I that blood on Noct's arms? Holy shit

Then there is also the fact that the game started off with the Insomnia invasion originally with Noctis there where he probably would have been aware of his father's death if not seen it.

Then there is the whole do you have a plan something 10 times worse than there own?

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014

Not really
Wow an old quote from like 2008 compared to a quote Nomura made in 2013 where he says it's actually mainly light hearted comedic in tone despite the heavy burden. Also ignoring that people did cry because of the story even til now people are broken up over how sad the ending was.

Also good job ignoring this very same quote Nomura made back in the same place where Kitase said that
“Don’t be fooled by the dark mood the trailer leads you to, what you’ve seen is merely a representation of what’s to come but I can disclose that the character (Noctis) is not solitary or dark even though the burden he carries is very heavy” – Tetsuya Nomura on Versus XIII main character, Noctis Lucis Caelum.

Please by all means make your fanfic, but don't go around pretending it is the established canon.

In fact that Ferrari storyboard pic you just posted is from May 2013 version of XV for the storyboards he made, while Nomura saying that the game is mainly light hearted and comedic in tone is from a June 2013 interview he did about the game. Those words about misery and it being sad still 100% apply because Noctis's burden is heavy and he goes through tragedy and there is misery, and there is sadness especially at the end. Like I'm not even sure what you are trying to say here. Nomura's own statement from the sametime Kitase said it would make people cry was that Nomrua said not to be fooled by the dark mood of the trailers but that Noctis does have a heavy burdern, and then in 2013 Nomura said that the game is mainly light hearted comedic in tone despite Noctis having a heavy burden, and that is still true in the final game as his burden is heavy.

This false narrative that you've created that Versus was somehow completely dark and not light hearted is not also delusional but is not based on any facts and is instead just you extrapolating from the imagery in the trailers, the very same trailers Nomura said not to be fooled by. The things that happen in XV as far as dark tone elements go are darker than whatever dark tone we were shown to have been in Versus too.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland

interesting to note how much of that is in the final product, an aspect that was barely shown in the Versus/early XV trailers but mentioned by Nomura.

i imagine both teams had a hard time trying to mesh the tragic tone to this light-adventure with friends type of story.

Last edited: