Final Fantasy Versus XV?!?

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
it's like is news that development changes happens

vagrant story (one of the best PS1 games) had 50% of the story and a second playable character cut and i'm not even mad.

ffvii concept began as a detective story in a new york inspired city.

xenogears had a rushed 2nd disc

the list goes on; ppl need to move on and stop pretending nomura would make a incredible story when he have advent children and KHs convoluted story in his back.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
Last edited:

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Tbh the last thing I want is director bashing for either Tabata and Nomura. They're both great and flawed in their own way.

Best thing to do is to move forward not backwards.

The point of this topic was to have fun speculating about whether versus xv was gonna happen, and how it would be different from the current game.

It's fine to discuss directors but bashing and trying to incite wars by posting negative stuff sn't cool at all.

If people wanna bash directors and moan about what could've been (seriously let it go already) then I'm sure Gamefaqs, neogaf or even the official forum would happily oblige such negativity.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
You know you aren't a near-flawless director when you blatantly admit you depend other co-directors for help at project management, as well as admitting you aren't director material (like here: http://kotaku.com/some-things-you-may-not-know-about-final-fantasy-xvs-d-1542873213 ).

Comparing his writing to lets say, Neil Druckmann, is like comparing Papa John's to Papa Murphy's pizza lol.
Now THAT's a near-perfect director.

[The Last of Us spoilers to follow.. Do not read if you haven't played. Even if you don't think you'll play ever, do not read spoilers from this game just in case. Anyway...]

And all you need to see that is to watch the making of The Last of Us. You'll see a story being recanted by Tory Baker about the scene where his daughter dies. Baker had gone in that day to give this A+ hollywood performance, and he got himself into a real deep, dark place to get there. And, as far as hollywood
"oh god no!!" scenes go, he brought it. But, Neil made him do it again. And again, and again. Until he cut out the overacting and just read the line the way Neil wanted him to in the first place. And that scene, that understated performance, was the first clue that I was playing something really special.

Neil Druckmann is a spectacular director. Incomparable with anyone else. It's just not fair.

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
It's never ever ever ever going to happen.
I wouldn't exactly say never, if Square makes 8 - 10 million sales off of FFXV in lifetime sales, I wouldn't put it past them to try and force sequels out of it, but the only way that could be possible is if they semi-reboot the entire thing which is possible for them to Type-Next FFXV but I don't know about that.
I mean a trilogy of games using most of the assets that are already made reducing the costs, and can be made with reasonable development time, along with the demand being there, I don't know I think it's possible, granted if it does happen they would have to tread lightly. They can't make this the Versus XIII that the original one was, or else people would think that Square Enix cheated them, but with how FFXV turned out whether people will feel that way I don't know. It would have to be marketed as a sequel(Think Type-Next I put an idea on the Tabata's vision post), Versus XIII/XV 2013

"I think a sequel of FFXV could work in sort of a Final Fantasy Type Next or Type-0 kinda way Spoilers for those that haven't played Type-0 yet(I recommend the HD version if you are into ARPGs) Type-0 ends with everyone dying, but there are two alternate endings one where a woman named Doctor Arecia Al-Rashia is a fal'Cie that oversees Orience, she removed the Crystals from History resetting the timeline in one timeline the Crystals are removed from History which allows Ace and his friends to live normally, the other one is the Type-Next teaser. For FFXV, I suggest bringing back the fal'Cie to reset the timeline of FFXV to use it as an experiment to find the gate of Etro, or Etro rewards those involved curing the Starscourge caused by Ifrit, by sending them off into a New World, a new timeline, reincarnated into a world of a Versus Epic. So basically both my ideas are soft-reboots, and this will spawn 3 full games using the assets of FFXV, and whatever is left of Versus XIII FF Versus XV-1, Versus XV-2, and Final Fantasy Versus XV: Final boss should either be a fal'Cie, Etro, or Ardyn again(Loved him as villain he might actually be my favorite yes more than Kuja, equal to Sephiroth) The Final Chapter.I think the gate of Etro idea would be better because the fal'Cie are dicks that view humans as nothing more than tools to achieve their goals, so it could work better that way, I don't think Etro would exactly have a reason to resurrect Noctis.

So the way I'd think of it Final Fantasy XV would be like Type-0, a Versus XV(or XV-2, or XV-Next) would be like Type-Next(which seems to be in an alternate universe)"

In order for a Versus XV to not produce massive salt and backlash they would have to
1. Make it seem like a sequel, while being a reboot, so it being an alternate timeline has the be stated and made clear within the trailer like they would have to show the world of Eos being recreated by the fal'Cie, make it clear it's an experiment to find Etro's gate which caused them to recreate the World of FFXV after FFXV's ending of curing the Starscourge.
2. They would have to show off how it's different from FFXV, so fal'Cie, and Etro would have to be at the very start of the trailer if they were to make one, then they would have to splice in some FFXV 2013 footage, and I mean very few things like young Noctis running with Young Stella, the scene where they see each other(but it would have to be altered), they could only show parts of the citadel escape fight, but they would then have to show something completely different like the Chocobros fighting a fal'Cie, they could use the stand off scene with Regis but very briefly, and the people of Eos worshiping Etro.
3. They would also have to make it clear that this will be a trilogy, and each game will be as full as Final Fantasy XV granted if the FFVII Remake does good people might have more faith in Nomura and Square Enix again, so it's possible that people might be more trusting of the multi-part format.
4. It also needs a release date, a solid release date in that trailer.

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
He's probably messing with you.
I'm not, but I don't think it's a high possibility though, I think it's possibility depends upon the sales of FFXV, and how well the FFVII Remake is received, also on Nomura's willingness.

It's possiblity is a 45/55 of happening/not happening, that's taking into consideration the pace at which Final Fantasy XV is selling.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
Ilazy, that is legitimately the worst source you've ever provided on this forum, its less an actual source but more so speculative bunk.

Wait sorry if this is a necro of an old thread, but did the leaker mean that year of PSX? or 2017 PSX?
He most certainly meant 2016 PSX. The "oh but it probably got changed to next year" excuse isn't going to cut it, especially when that thread was days before the actual PSX event.

Now THAT's a near-perfect director.

[The Last of Us spoilers to follow.. Do not read if you haven't played. Even if you don't think you'll play ever, do not read spoilers from this game just in case. Anyway...]

And all you need to see that is to watch the making of The Last of Us. You'll see a story being recanted by Tory Baker about the scene where his daughter dies. Baker had gone in that day to give this A+ hollywood performance, and he got himself into a real deep, dark place to get there. And, as far as hollywood
"oh god no!!" scenes go, he brought it. But, Neil made him do it again. And again, and again. Until he cut out the overacting and just read the line the way Neil wanted him to in the first place. And that scene, that understated performance, was the first clue that I was playing something really special.

Neil Druckmann is a spectacular director. Incomparable with anyone else. It's just not fair.

Absolutely fucking hyped for his work on TLOU part 2. Just hope the absense of Bruce Straley won't affect the quality too much.

Last edited:

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
God damn I love those Joel memes!

The only reason I'll even allow a TLoU 2 is because Drunkmann is at the helm. He's the only one I'd trust to do a sequel to a masterpiece like that and maybe not ruin it. And the evidence that he can pull it off is in Left Behind, and to a degree UC4, if only for his unique ability to capture real human emotion.

I wouldn't exactly say never
That's ok, I'll do it for you.

Never.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
Absolutely hyped for his work on TLOU part 2. Just hope the absense of Bruce Staley won't affect the quality too much.
This remainds me that I have TLOU in my shelve untounched...
As for TLOU2, I do expect some drop in quality, what I gathered from interviews and their comments was that Staley was mostly responsible in making sure gameplay was in sync with Druckmann's story.

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
God damn I love those Joel memes!

The only reason I'll even allow a TLoU 2 is because Drunkmann is at the helm. He's the only one I'd trust to do a sequel to a masterpiece like that and maybe not ruin it. And the evidence that he can pull it off is in Left Behind, and to a degree UC4, if only for his unique ability to capture real human emotion.

That's ok, I'll do it for you.

Never.
I don't know man Square Enix has a habbit of releasing sequels to successful games, especially ones that don't deserve it(looking at you FFXIII)
I'll give it's likelihood a 40-45 percent chance of happening.It is subject to being lowered if things don't pan out overtime, unless Square oh dear, they make Versus XIII like the original Versus XIII, Chocobros, Trilogy and all into Final Fantasy XVI, or worse a Final Fantasy Versus XVI. I would laugh and cry so hard if this happened. Granted if Square wanted to they could, and I mean could release both XVI, and Versus XV as Luminous Projects, because I don't they will ditch Luminous Engine or stop with just FFXVI and make XVI Unreal Engine 4, I don't think Investors will like that.

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
it's like is news that development changes happens

vagrant story (one of the best PS1 games) had 50% of the story and a second playable character cut and i'm not even mad.

ffvii concept began as a detective story in a new york inspired city.

xenogears had a rushed 2nd disc

the list goes on; ppl need to move on and stop pretending nomura would make a incredible story when he have advent children and KHs convoluted story in his back.
KH's story is convoluted, but individually the game stories are well received, and considered great, and tbh as someone that started with 358/2 Days it's convolutedness and complexity is part of it's charm.

FF7 Advent Children not comparable, it's a 2 hour movie vs a 40 hour game.

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
However though I'm going to say this right now if Tabata was in charge of a Versus XV, I wouldn't be adverse to it, but I find it unlikely to be him, and more likely to be Nomura instead, and also apart of me wants him to be working on Final Fantasy Type-Next that trailer was the fucking hype. Nevermind I would be adverse to it.

Last edited: