Final Fantasy VII REMAKE - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

It's happening? A FFVII Remake is happening?

• Yes

Votes: 12 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jenova

Keyblade Master
Oct 28, 2013
I am definitely not anticipating a release window of this year. If they did announce that, I would be immensely worried about the game's quality. Especially if rumors are to be believed regarding its tumultuous development cycle.

Jenova

Keyblade Master
Oct 28, 2013
Hm. Interesting. The possbility of a trailer @ E3 has increased. I still expect something either at TGS or Jump Festa instead, however. Or maybe an infamous Square-Enix "fan event". It just makes more sense to showcase this closer to its actual release. Which is looking like 2019 from all the rumors and evidence.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Square Enix is hosting a big show like Sony and all of them, something they haven't done in several years. If they don't show Final Fantasy VII Remake, what the hell do they need the stage for?

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
It's for FF VIII Remake :p
Now seriously that air Buster Screenshot has the same atmosphere Like versus xiii or Insomnia, im excited
I know right? It looks amazing. Having this huge ass enemy towering over Cloud in the night like that. It looks incredible. I imagine they'll probably show Tifa here, but what if they could also show what happens at the end of Air Buster where Cloud falls down to the church and then it briefly shows Aeris (Aerith) as well.

Besides new footage, I feel like they might give an initial release window or perhaps info about upcoming development with the first release at E3 given that the game is supposed to be split into multiple games as we know.

I don't know about a solid release date, but maybe saying something like look forward to more information about the first chapter of the remake this year or something would be nice.

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
I don't know about a solid release date, but maybe saying something like look forward to more information about the first chapter of the remake this year or something would be nice.
Nothing can harm them too much with giving a year of release. Nothing else. Just a year. That'd be realistic at the stage the game seems to be at, and would maintain the hype without committing to anything too insane.

Rogue-Tomato

ShinRa SOLDIER
Jan 17, 2016
Worcester, UK
Hm. Interesting. The possbility of a trailer @ E3 has increased. I still expect something either at TGS or Jump Festa instead, however. Or maybe an infamous Square-Enix "fan event". It just makes more sense to showcase this closer to its actual release. Which is looking like 2019 from all the rumors and evidence.
As @LeonBlade said above, why would they have a stage event were it not for some juicy announcements :woot:. It's been a few years so they know everyone is expecting to see something about FFVIIR and they surely know how pissed everyone is going to be if they bypass E3 and wait until TGS.

In an ideal world, it'll be some gameplay footage with new characters shown, and the announcement of a playable demo included with Kingdom Hearts 3. :woot:

I don't really think they'll do that though. Wishful thinking on my part.

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
Incidentally, SQEX is going to be one of the companies featured in PC Gamer's stream, with teases new and premier content. Maybe they're gonna reveal VIIR for PC? Who knows. They did confirm from the outset that VIIR wouldn't be PS4 exclusive.

Hyperion

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Mar 8, 2018
Square Enix is hosting a big show like Sony and all of them, something they haven't done in several years. If they don't show Final Fantasy VII Remake, what the hell do they need the stage for?
FFXVI and FFXVII Online.

No, but seriously, it definitely could be for FFVII. However it could also just be them announcing a ton of new IPs and other titles in the works. They do have enough ideas to keep themselves busy for a very long time, FFX-3 for example hasn't been taken off the table. XV still has their stuff going into Summer 2019. There's that Avengers game that was talked about once and never again. Tomb Raider is currently getting a lot of promo. KH3 is obviously the thing everyone's going to be looking at because that drops this year. Dragon Quest is coming back with another mainline title. Left Alive is probably in the wings somewhere. And that's just the main offices, I believe. That's not even getting into the Tokyo RPG Factory and the other smaller companies too.

But I mean, even though I'm saying all that, it's probably gonna be because of the remake showing up, it's been years since we've gotten anything substantial.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
FFXVI and FFXVII Online.

No, but seriously, it definitely could be for FFVII. However it could also just be them announcing a ton of new IPs and other titles in the works. They do have enough ideas to keep themselves busy for a very long time, FFX-3 for example hasn't been taken off the table. XV still has their stuff going into Summer 2019. There's that Avengers game that was talked about once and never again. Tomb Raider is currently getting a lot of promo. KH3 is obviously the thing everyone's going to be looking at because that drops this year. Dragon Quest is coming back with another mainline title. Left Alive is probably in the wings somewhere. And that's just the main offices, I believe. That's not even getting into the Tokyo RPG Factory and the other smaller companies too.

But I mean, even though I'm saying all that, it's probably gonna be because of the remake showing up, it's been years since we've gotten anything substantial.
I feel like most of this is par for the course like the past few years. That's why I expect bigger announcements and bigger showcases this year compared to the last few to warrant the stage show. SE hasn't made any big announcements in a while. Third party stuff like Tomb Raider is cool, but the last big announcement was a long time ago... Let's all hope for some magic.