Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Noctis Strife

PSICOM Soldier
Feb 22, 2015
Massachusetts
Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised by how good that figure looked! I've never been one to buy stuff like this, but I remember seeing some XIII figures in a toy store about 4 or 5 years ago and noting to myself how... not-good they looked. I've never really followed the Play Arts figures, but after seeing this new one I had to look up some more recent ones and the quality has gone through the roof these last couple of years.
It's funny you say that because I actually JUST preordered the new Advent Children Cloud they are making, he comes in April for about $120. I got him mainly for love of the character and for display with Noct when he comes out. I'm hoping at San Diego Comic Con they might give a release date for Noctis.

Infest

Blitzball Champion
Sep 8, 2014
Germany
I'm still hoping for a FFXV trading arts series like the Dissidia one. I'm not a fan of the play arts figures mainly because of the junctions. But I'd love to have a cool Noctis statue. ^^

like this

or the Kotobukiya statues

or the old bandai FF IX figures like

Last edited:

Noctis Strife

PSICOM Soldier
Feb 22, 2015
Massachusetts
Oh I used to have some of those for 7 when I was younger! I think I had Cloud, Tifa, and Vincent. Good times xD Yeah I like those PAK's because of the size mainly, but also the detail and accessories to make them look a bit different when you feel like changing they're "pose" or what have you.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised by how good that figure looked! I've never been one to buy stuff like this, but I remember seeing some XIII figures in a toy store about 4 or 5 years ago and noting to myself how... not-good they looked. I've never really followed the Play Arts figures, but after seeing this new one I had to look up some more recent ones and the quality has gone through the roof these last couple of years.
As you see in my description... I'm very much one to buy things like this, but I honestly don't like Play Arts Kai very much. I might be picking this one up though.

Noctis Strife

PSICOM Soldier
Feb 22, 2015
Massachusetts
Maybe when my Cloud PAK comes in the mail in April/May I'll post some pics so we can see the quality we can expect from Noctis and possible Prompto/Glad/Ignis figures if anyone is interested. Also could anyone point out which swords are displayed with the Noctis figure? I posted a pic if someone could name them, just curious.

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2013
Does anyone have a translation for the stop bullet type move Prompto uses twice in the demo? Used at 28:20 and 35:19 in this version of the demo video:

Will keep my eyes peeled for any other special moves the party uses.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Does anyone have a translation for the stop bullet type move Prompto uses twice in the demo?
バインドバレッド
I believe it's trying to say Bind Barrel, they don't break up the katakana and it could be a pun of some kind for all I know. The idea is that when he shoots someone with this Bind attack, it Binds the enemy for a second or so as you can see, it glows reddish and freezes in place.

Starlord

AVALANCHE Warrior
May 14, 2014
Springfield, Massachusetts
Really? 720p Square?
Doesn't bother me, it is also a demo. Now in days it's always about zee graphics :/ lol. Nothing else seems to matter more. Make everything look pretty! (but we all say the gameplay sucks and a lot of the new games).

Back in the PS1 snes era, we loved the gameplay but the graphics were ehhh lol. That's why I say, Balance!

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
Doesn't bother me, it is also a demo. Now in days it's always about zee graphics :/ lol. Nothing else seems to matter more. Make everything look pretty! (but we all say the gameplay sucks and a lot of the new games).

Back in the PS1 snes era, we loved the gameplay but the graphics were ehhh lol. That's why I say, Balance!
I was talking about the screenshots' resolution. I don't care if the demo isn't 1080p, I just wanted a good quality pic of red-eyed Noctis.

Noctis Strife

PSICOM Soldier
Feb 22, 2015
Massachusetts
I'd rather have a functional game than another AC Unity. Graphics aren't everything and I love FF so much that I'm just happy to see Dubbed trailers, a demo, and a very possible 2016 release date :)

Asking for 1080p screenshots is a tall order now? As it's already been said, yeah_93's comment wasn't about what the demo resolution should be, and simply about how higher quality screenshots would be nice.

I'd rather have a functional game than another AC Unity. Graphics aren't everything and I love FF so much that I'm just happy to see Dubbed trailers, a demo, and a very possible 2016 release date :)
I agree with your post, but you picked a bad game example there, when Unity is known to be 900p at barely even 30fps (and considerably lower in places). That game's an all-round mess. xD

Starlord

AVALANCHE Warrior
May 14, 2014
Springfield, Massachusetts
Asking for 1080p screenshots is a tall order now? As it's already been said, yeah_93's comment wasn't about what the demo resolution should be, and simply about how higher quality screenshots would be nice.

I agree with your post, but you picked a bad game example there, when Unity is known to be 900p at barely even 30fps (and considerably lower in places). That game's an all-round mess. xD
Right, it "would be nice"= Can't win'em all :p

Noctis Strife

PSICOM Soldier
Feb 22, 2015
Massachusetts

Haha yeah, you got a point :)