Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
It's definitely changed a lot.

It looks like the western and southern parts of the original map were split off from the original map Pangaea-style.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
earlier kingsglave production screen with stella model (more at the link)

https://twitter.com/SHUAISHUAI_QU/status/781827683441217537

some renders from the movie (KoTR and Diamond Weapon)

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/932981-final-fantasy-xv/74357239/862429360

"I saw on 2ch that Tabata and Nozue both confirmed that Solheim isn't in the game from the Kingsglavie director commentary."

wouldn't be surprised if this is true, not a single time solheim was mentioned by the team or in-game (after the E3 2013 trailer).

llazy77

Warrior of Light
May 27, 2014
"I saw on 2ch that Tabata and Nozue both confirmed that Solheim isn't in the game from the Kingsglavie director commentary."

wouldn't be surprised if this is true, not a single time solheim was mentioned by the team or in-game (after the E3 2013 trailer).
Soliehm is still in the game it was confirmed in a Gamescom pamphlet. Il try to find the tweet

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
Soliehm is still in the game it was confirmed in a Gamescom pamphlet. Il try to find the tweet
I think the pamphlet distributed in the event was old and they didn't bother to update the information, since neither solheim or the "eyes that see the light of expiring souls" was mentioned again; it happens.

then again, there was footage of a traditional desert area in one of the progress report videos:

it could be just an unfinished layout for whatever area tho.

Last edited:

Ketaya

Balamb Garden Freshman
May 22, 2016
Great find!

You can see how in that western continent, there's only a yellow line. I'm assuming it's the train (especially since that seems to be the continent Niflheim is (look at the airship, for example) in and because of the snowy mountains), so the whole "second half or so of the game is more linear, but you can return to the previous zones". Also, Tenebrae is closer to Duscae than I thought it would. Makes sense if Noctis and Regis travelled there for a while.

I hope we can still explore freely even if we don't have the car or something like that. I wonder if we can travel to some of those islands with the aircar, considering what Tabata said about otherwise unreachable places. Considering we see the Malboro place in that continent, it seems that way (it'd be weird if they heavily restricted our moves).

Can't wait.
Interesting, they changed the position of Altissia a bit.
By the way, where do you see Tenebrae on this map?

Ketaya

Balamb Garden Freshman
May 22, 2016
The picture on the left of Ramuh´s.
Mmh, maybe, but I'm not sure about that. I thought that entire continent is Lucis (I mean, the map you get in the beginning is called "Map of Lucis").
And in the gamescom video you can see that the area the screenshot is connected to is called "Risorath Basin" (or something like that, a bit hard to read), the other areas around it are "The Vesperpool" and "Myrlwood" and it all seems to be part of the Cleigne region. There doesn't seem to be a city or anything either.
So my guess is that's just some temple ruin that looks a bit like Tenebrae when you can barely see it.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
seems like the 2ch post was mistranslated and this is what it means.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/932981-final-fantasy-xv/74357239/862437869

"IIRC, on the bd IT is mentioned that solheim was an ancient super civilitation and niflheim got the ideas for glaucas armor from that time long ago.
But we will Not visit that solheim, cause its long long ago.
That would mean we will visit a Other solheim, a glimpse of its former self."

nothing confirmed (need to summon the translators here), but this is actually pretty cool if true; all FFs basically have a region/place from an ancient civilization; the fact that Niflheim and Solheim are similiar in name might indicate a relation, in which Solheim is the precursor of Niflheim, much like the Allagans are the precursors of the Garlean Empire (from FFXIV).

Last edited:

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
Omg SE, stop it, you have all of my banking information already. You've won. You don't need to do this to me anymore!

The hp bar is accurate, though. Tabby number 1. That suave mofo Gavin showing maximum awesome without showing up the boss, cause he's got class. Mat, temporarily subdued. Dan, continues to be a mystery to us all...

Jul 16, 2015
It's truly amazing what Square has done with the graphics here. This and the other screenshots that were released today show some serious improvements to the point where I was thinking it was definitely Pro footage. This is just insane honestly. Very impressed. Duscae looks better than when they first showed it. A lot of people keep saying that the first showing had the best graphics so far but I disagree. Ok guys only.......sixty whole days left. We can do it.

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2016
I think you may be confusing Tenebrae the other forest location from the World of Wonder Trailer. I'd post links but I just registered today lol so I cant:/ Watch that trailer and you'll see what I mean.

They may look similar but I have a feeling they aren't
I think so too. Wasn't it said that Tenebrae is almost as big as Altissia? I don't think such a lavish, luscious forest Kingdom on floating mountains like Tenebrae would be found in the dusty Duscae region so close to Insomnia.

Last edited: