Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
New (bit more critical) impressions from the first 12 hours from the Game Informer guys on their podcast (thanks, Kagari):

[at 23m1s]
God damn, I tried twice to make sure I wasn't just being a fanboy but I couldn't make it 30 seconds. Blah blah different from final fantasy of the past (inflection is important here, he says it like he's talking to the one Final Fantasy fan that isn't aware this is an ARPG). Blah blah the car controls are basic. I'm sure there was content in between but that just came off like they were browsing ganefaqs archives so they could get some contrarian clicks. If I missed something if substance, by all means, I submit, but the part I saw didn't make it sound like they had anything useful to say.

I didn't like them back in their big exclusive, either, FTR, and that coverage was largely positive. That bald one, especially, fucked up once when they were talking about the graphics engine, which was perfectly fine, but the slimy way he 'recovered' from it left a bad taste in my mouth.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
So I just watched the Omen trailer again. Very enjoyable.

I just had an interesting theory.

Seeing as how Noctis' goes mad and "kills" Luna in the trailer because he's lost in the darkness, would you like to see the same thing happening in the game, but with Noctis's having a 3 vs 1 battle with the bros? Of course he won't kill them just knock them out or wound them temporarily.

It would play out like battling Xion in Kingdom Hearts.

Boss Theme Version of Somnus would be playing in the background, you would be controlling Noctis' and you have to defeat all the bros in order to progress the story. During the battle, they'll be trying to persuade you to snap out of it.

I imagine that such a scene would be very conflicting for the player, would evoke a lot of emotion, and make it a very memorable moment in the game.

Also, playing as Corrupt Noctis' would be totally boss.

In a video that showcased Lestallum in an Epilogue for the game, we see that Noctis' level is ahead of the bros. This could mean that at the end of the game he goes off on his own.

Wouldn't it be interesting if Noctis' goes off on his own after defeating the bros in his corrupt state?

Bionicle8563

SOLDIER Second Class
May 25, 2016
Australia M8
Seeing as how Noctis' goes mad and "kills" Luna in the trailer because he's lost in the darkness, would you like to see the same thing happening in the game, but with Noctis's having a 3 vs 1 battle with the bros? Of course he won't kill them just knock them out or wound them temporarily.

It would play out like battling Xion in Kingdom Hearts.

Boss Theme Version of Somnus would be playing in the background, you would be controlling Noctis' and you have to defeat all the bros in order to progress the story. During the battle, they'll be trying to persuade you to snap out of it.

I imagine that such a scene would be very conflicting for the player, would evoke a lot of emotion, and make it a very memorable moment in the game.

Also, playing as Corrupt Noctis' would be totally boss.

In a video that showcased Lestallum in an Epilogue for the game, we see that Noctis' level is ahead of the bros. This could mean that at the end of the game he goes off on his own.

Wouldn't it be interesting if Noctis' goes off on his own after defeating the bros in his corrupt state?
Well I think it would be a great way for 1) to transition into the 10 year time skip (assuming it's a time skip and not multiple chapters that skip forward incrementally) and 2) It would be a great way to incorporate the DLC episodes of the chocobros, as the episode DLCs could be them training and becoming stronger on their own, as Noctis isn't there as a glue. Cause honestly, there is no reason other than Noctis that Prompto, Gladio and Ignis would actually travel together. I mean, they would probably train and come back together to get him or something, but yeah, out of their own volition, they wouldn't really stay together for too long (or at least IMO)

Prince Naphtali

ShinRa SOLDIER
Dec 23, 2013
I-feel-like-they-should've-added-a-morality-meter-so-at-a-certain-point-if-you-accumulate-enough-of-either-you'll-get-a-good-or-bad-outcome.I-thought-that-would-be-a-cool-idea.I-also-thought-it-would've-been-a-better-design-fo-the-devs-to-allow-the-player-to-traverse-a-dungeon-to-reach-the-ancient-kings-tombs-and-then-Fight-the-ancient-kings-in-orde-to-earn-their-Armiger-weapon.For-DLC,I-thought-that-it-would-be-nice-to-create-an-expansion-pack-where-it-feels-like-a-sequal-and-you'd-have-to-rebuild-Insomnia-like-Suikoden-esque-with-the-after-effects-of-the-war-economiclly-and-politically(like-regions-turning-into-separate-states).Episode-Lunafreya-would-go-something-along-the-lines-of-Luna-Gaining-Oracle/Sorceress/summoner-abilities-and-using-the-leylines-of-Eos-to-spiritually-connect-to-the-Astrals-and-battle-them-in-order-to-awaken-them,and-maybe-some-background-story/behind-the-scenes-stuff-the-noctis-didn't-have-to-experience.Another-Expansion-Pack-Idea-I-thought-would've-been-a-cool-idea-was-to-have-a-stoyline-Dealing-with-the-Plague-of-stars-and-the-Tetrad(Four-blood-moons),The-Four-Horseman-of-the-Apocalypse,-the-Three-sacred-beast/Warring-Triad,and-the-destruction-of-the-crystals-and-how-Noctis-would-have-to-Restore-the-crystals-by-Defeating-the-Daemon-that-now-resides-in-the-fallen-crystal-and-prevent-a-dark-miasma-from-cusing-the-land(Plague-of-the-Stars-accumulated-from-the-past).Even-though-there-aren't-any-Job-Classes,-I-thought-that-creating-Job-Classes-Side-Missions-Dlc-like-Dragoons+Dragonborn-like-story-where-the-player-gathers-dragon-abilities,and-hunts-down-specific-dragons-with-a-thick-detailed-story-to-make-it-seem-like-it's-own-spin-off-game-set-in-the-same-world,and-the-same-for-other-JC,where-they-too-would-have-highly-detailed-stories.

Last edited:

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
During Ramuh's summon in the final game, there's a nice little piece from Noctis (at 1:59): "This is the might of the Six". So there are only six summons! I'm glad about that. Slightly tired of people putting Doomtrain or Diablolo into the game.

llazy77

Warrior of Light
May 27, 2014
During Ramuh's summon in the final game, there's a nice little piece from Noctis (at 1:59): "This is the might of the Six". So there are only six summons! I'm glad about that. Slightly tired of people putting Doomtrain or Diablolo into the game.
The pop in on the beard at 1:38 tho

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
Interestingly the Duscae ending only shows 5 deities.

I don't know if Carbuncle would count as part of the "mighty six".

Jul 16, 2015
The Big Bang painting by Amano shows more than that. Diabolos may be connected to Lucis. Sorry if you don't want to here about that but I will show some evidence. This first artwork is from Final Fantasy Brave Exvius and it depicts Diabolos and the second one is from Kingsglaive which shows a creature that looks quite similar. What purpose would it serve to have that as the sigil of the Kingsglaive unit unless it's connected to Lucis somehow?. Also the winged skull thing as the Lucian sigil looks like Diabolos' skull with the horns and elongated chin. Just saying there is probably other summons in the game and I brought up Diabolos since you brought him up first.