Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

llazy77

Warrior of Light
May 27, 2014
I have talked about it in the spoiler thread why the story is subpar. To keep it spoiler free I would just say they cut out alot of stuff that seems like it should be there(alot of stuff happens offscreen). And they tried to duct tape the parts that are there and it feels disjointed. Although even if the story is bad the game shouldnt get a 60 or 70 just because of it. Looks like the open world part would make it deserve a 80 or higher imo. The combat bumps it to a high 80, low 90.
Also you have the god tier soundtrack.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
I have talked about it in the spoiler thread why the story is subpar. To keep it spoiler free I would just say they cut out alot of stuff that seems like it should be there(alot of stuff happens offscreen). And they tried to duct tape the parts that are there and it feels disjointed. Although even if the story is bad the game shouldnt get a 60 or 70 just because of it. Looks like the open world part would make it deserve a 80 or higher imo. The combat bumps it to a high 80, low 90.
Which you have no way to prove, you can still have a subpar story while having shit ton stuff.

llazy77

Warrior of Light
May 27, 2014
Which you have no way to prove, you can still have a subpar story while having shit ton stuff.
Look inside the parentheses, alot of stuff that feels like it should happen on screen dosent happen. And alot of primary characters dont get good screentime.

Last edited:

Fireryu

PSICOM Soldier
Nov 24, 2016
from what I heard from a person who likes the story over at gamefaqs Leon_90 . this guy believes that the story is going to be polarized. meaning that it's a love / hate situation

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
A moment of trainquility everyone

Final Fantasy XV Director Delivers Special Message Before Release: “This Team Is my Pride”

There are only two more days left before launch. Coming this far, we have overcome so many things. Thanks to my steadfast colleague, I was able to work on this project witout having even one millimeter of regret.

We were able to achieve results that greatly exceed our personal capabilities, with my colleagues, with all stakeholders, with all the partners and all the fans. This is my “FF15” Team.

This team is my pride.

Let’s celebrate the release date of the game on November 29th together with all of our colleagues who have worked for this game together. Let’s celebrate November 29th with all the stakeholders, the partners, and all the fans. I’m looking forward to meet those who will come at Yodobashi Akiba at 8:16 on launch day.

For those who unfortunately cannot come, let’s meet through our game.

One last thing.

I’m sad that I cannot attend the last ATR before release. But this isn’t the last ATR, right?

Let’s definitely do one last special one after release!

Final Fantasy XV Director
Hajime Tabata
http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/11...me-tabata-special-message-release-team-pride/

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
Also you have the god tier soundtrack.
For some reason, I kind of feel like we're gonna get something that has a lot in common with Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep.

That game, like XV, took years longer than it should have given its platform, was introduced with a ridiculously conceptual CG movie created before any real work was done (for those who haven't played KH, the giant monster in the background is completely absent, and neither "Chasers" nor "the lost two" were ever explained), was set aside for the development of another game in the series after the "completion" of the scenario, and was reintroduced on a different platform with a trailer whose scenario differed significantly from the game as it ended up existing (one scene was completely removed, many other scenes changed location/context/PoV character, one playable character's storyline appears to have been significantly altered).

It also started with a lore-heavy scene from a different time period with the protagonist at a different age before shifting to a light and relatively sparse introduction focused on the friendship between the core characters, was much stronger at creating likeable characters than offering a consistent plot, kept its player characters' motivations relatively simple, and had a very strong ending. And, outside of the narrative, it had a fantastic soundtrack that remained consistent throughout development even when nothing else did and a fantastic battle system that made it easy to feel really cool if you knew how to take advantage of it.

...Birth by Sleep is probably my favorite RPG of all time. XD;

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
She dosent get good screentime.
General concensus on the first half of the story being weak is fair game since it's been said by a lot of people, even by those who loved the game.

As for this, which happens to be a very specific piece of info, I've yet to hear anyone say this at all.

Best not to state such things as fact until after playing the game. Or if someone has stated that she doesn't get much screen time you can link to their opinion piece in the spoilers section for good measure.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
Lets also not forget plenty of other Kingdom Hearts related content that ended up excluded from the full games:

http://kingdomhearts.wikia.com/wiki/Removed_content_in_the_Kingdom_Hearts_series

By Nomura nontheless.
Most other removed content in KH was never shown, apart from a couple of scenes from the earliest KH2 trailers. BbS is weird in that its first trailer is hardly recognizable in the final product and it shows signs of completely changing character arcs after supposed scenario completion. I don't believe for one second that the Terra we got is the same type of person implied by the 2007 trailers.

KH's issue nowadays is showing scenes in trailers that are used in the final game but have no more context in the game than they did in the trailer. 3D is, of course, the worst offender there. (Now that's a game whose story doesn't start until its final chapter. >_>; )

llazy77

Warrior of Light
May 27, 2014
General concensus on the first half of the story being weak is fair game since it's been said by a lot of people, even by those who loved the game.

As for this, which happens to be a very specific piece of info, I've yet to hear anyone say this at all.

Best not to state such things as fact until after playing the game. Or if someone has stated that she doesn't get much screen time you can link to their opinion piece in the spoilers section for good measure.
Oh sure I can put it in the spoiler thread.

Sep 1, 2016
@NightOwl You prefer KG Luna over in-game Luna or visa versa? ;o
I hope she has enough screentime in-game =\
I actually don't mind either - I think both KG and FFXV Luna are beautiful and each are designed to fit into their respective fields. Realistic Luna for the movie and stylized Luna for the game. Admittedly, I do slightly prefer the design of KG Luna, but in relation to the rest of the anime-ish looking chocobros (especially Noctis), it might look a bit strange if that realistic design was used in a game where all the characters have stylized faces. Funnily enough, the oddball is Regis and I have no explanation for this. Jon Campling must really have a good face to be able to transcend both realistic and stylized realms lol

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
I actually don't mind either - I think both KG and FFXV Luna are beautiful and each are designed to fit into their respective fields. Realistic Luna for the movie and stylized Luna for the game. Admittedly, I do slightly prefer the design of KG Luna, but in relation to the rest of the anime-ish looking chocobros (especially Noctis), it might look a bit strange if that realistic design was used in a game where all the characters have stylized faces. Funnily enough, the oddball is Regis and I have no explanation for this. Jon Campling must really have a good face to be able to transcend both realistic and stylized realms lol
Well Regis is a handsome King so not surprised he could pull of both realms with relative ease lol.

All joking aside Jon Campling does have striking facial features so they picked the right person for the role imo. Proof is as you said lol

Slaintimez

Keyblade Master
Sep 9, 2016
@NightOwl thanks, i really like her in-game design tho!

Just want to say, no matter how it will end, im glad that i joined this community, this was hell of a ride. I met so much great people that i can discuss game with. Hope we all stay here even after release, and after all dust settled. :p
@Nova @Storm @NightOwl @Jubileus @DrBretto @Lulcielid @LeonBlade @Bionicle8563 and everyone else i forgot to put here :p