Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

essenthy

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Apr 6, 2018
yea i wouldnt be surprised if BD/LP did something just for the Nvidia turing reveal, they most likely have some kind of deal with Nvidia and they like to be at the top when it come to rendering technology

but what could that be ? another agni's thing ? a new rendering tech for FFXV for luminous engine to show how amazing it is ? ray traced AO ? raytraced SSR ? its a bit doubtful since they didnt bother finish integrating Nvidia flow into the game

anyways, chances are low, but who knows, it wouldnt be a first or surprising

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014
Can't believe I missed this, seems it was posted over a whole week ago, but Tabata did a new interview with US gamer regarding Luminous Productions, basically once again confirming they are in fact making a AAA brand new IP, and that Tabata did a lot of the early planning for its foundations, while after a certain point other people on the team will be left to make the game, as Tabata is also now busy with managing the studio itself as well as the stuff they are making.

https://www.usgamer.net/articles/hajime-tabata-pulls-back-the-curtain-on-luminous-productions

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
Last edited:

NoxFleuret

Chocobo Knight
Feb 17, 2018
Could be possible, but I don't know honestly at this rate.

Sylva posted on Reddit the other day that the XIV costume items have been removed from the inventory list. Which, if that turns out to be the case I'm going to be quite annoyed about it since this was one of the things I was interested in for a while, and it was discussed to still be happening at the start of the year.

It's just the E3 interview with Yoshida didn't exactly give me much hope to go against what Sylva's noticed.

Certainly would be nice to have more to do, the ghost avatar grind isn't exactly fun while we're waiting for news.

Jenova

Keyblade Master
Oct 28, 2013
Can't believe I missed this, seems it was posted over a whole week ago, but Tabata did a new interview with US gamer regarding Luminous Productions, basically once again confirming they are in fact making a AAA brand new IP, and that Tabata did a lot of the early planning for its foundations, while after a certain point other people on the team will be left to make the game, as Tabata is also now busy with managing the studio itself as well as the stuff they are making.

https://www.usgamer.net/articles/hajime-tabata-pulls-back-the-curtain-on-luminous-productions
Sounds like he won't be as hands on as he was before. As a fan of his work (especially Type-0), this is slightly disappointing. However, I am happy that Square have acknowledged his talents and promoted him accordingly.

Feb 19, 2018
Sounds like he won't be as hands on as he was before. As a fan of his work (especially Type-0), this is slightly disappointing. However, I am happy that Square have acknowledged his talents and promoted him accordingly.
While it's sad to see Tabata go as he's essentially no longer involved with FFXV in any meaningful capacity I'm super excited to see what Terada turns out since the man knows how to create a tight, hard hitting, and emotionally fueled narrative. Given Episode Ignis was his first ever directing job the game is in good hands following Tabata's departure if he believes Terada is the right guy to leave the remainder of the project with.

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014
Tabata is still Producer on all the XV DLC. It sounds more like Tabata wants to foster more talent and raise up the younger staff to higher positions, which is likely why Shida, Nakazawa and Terada were promoted to direct the difference DLC stuff. Tabata mentioned he's still doing the initial planning for games but seems more like he's doing what they did on XV where anyone can submit stuff and it's more of a flat organization structure with much more open communication between staff rather than the typical old hierarchy.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
Last edited:
Feb 19, 2018
I think this is one of the best FF covers I've heard.
I totally want square to release a Blood Dragon type of DLC for FFXV now, we're already getting alternate timelines as is so why not toss in an 80s action movie timeline while they're at it? All the wildlife gets replaced with cyborg variants with machine guns, the Daemons are now pirate Daemons, Gladio is now half bear and half man, Prompto is now a magic cowboy with a tendency to go "Argh!" due to a hidden past, Ignis is an android wizard, and Noctis is now part bird. Aranea could live up to her name and be part spider, Cindy could a sentient curvy sportscar working with her sentient rusty tow truck grandfather, Cid. Iris will also be part bear and Talcott and Jared can both be part cactuar.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
This was pointed out by DSO gaming but looks like FFXV on PC may get Vulkan support, according to SteamDB.
https://steamdb.info/app/637650/config/

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/final-fantasy-xv-may-get-vulkan-support/

That might explain why the FFXV twitter account retweeted this NVIDIA tweet the other day.
We might even get to see XV showcased at the event to debut the new graphics cards NVIDIA is releasing. For those that are interested, the live stream is in 5 hours as of writing this, and you can view it here:

No clue if XV will be shown at all, but you never know!

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014
We might even get to see XV showcased at the event to debut the new graphics cards NVIDIA is releasing. For those that are interested, the live stream is in 5 hours as of writing this, and you can view it here:

No clue if XV will be shown at all, but you never know!
Oh nice, in that case gonna stay up late to watch it just in case there's something.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
What a tease -,-'. I should report you to....I don't know!
Haha, I genuinely don't know. I know Tomb Raider will be there because of an Instagram post Square Enix had, but for FFXV anything goes. It's not me just being vague, I really don't know.

Oh nice, in that case gonna stay up late to watch it just in case there's something.
I think it would make sense to me to show something, you know? FFXV did a lot of partnering with NVIDIA before, and they could show some incredible tech off for the new GPUs at higher FPS and resolutions etc. Seems like a good way to promote both FFXV and NVIDIA at once. But, I could be wrong... as I usually am about these things that I think make perfect sense.