KINGDOM HEARTS III - General News Discussion Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Jun 7, 2014
Poland
What does everyone expect to see at D23? I feel it's a bit too soon after E3 for any big news and we're gonne get some little bits of new footage at best.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
I'm fine with this, it annoys me that I bought X|X-2 HD for PS3, only for them to announce the PS4 version sometime later... The game isn't going to look/perform any better on PS4, I don't see a point in it being on PS4.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
I'm fine with this, it annoys me that I bought X|X-2 HD for PS3, only for them to announce the PS4 version sometime later... The game isn't going to look/perform any better on PS4, I don't see a point in it being on PS4.
The only point for being in PS4 would be making more profit$$$.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Not just that. There will be without a doubt, new players playing KH3 as their first KH so it's only natural to provide the whole slate of previous games to current gen for them to understand the story and appreciate the series as it is.
That was the whole point of releasing them to begin with, just get a PS3 if you want to play them. Most people have a PS3 already, and honestly if you were interested in the story you would have played the games by now. No one is going to go into KHIII for the first time and feel like it's inaccessible because of the story and not having the remakes on the platform they're playing it on. Keep in mind, they wouldn't even be putting them on the Xbox One, so those players would be shit out of luck I guess.

Flash Over

Chocobo Knight
Mar 7, 2015
NL, Canada
While I'd be all for PS4-optimized remasters, I have to agree with LeonBlade. If you just want to play the remasters, second-hand PS3s are really cheap.

Squirrel Emperor

Nuts
Sep 26, 2013
I'm skeptical. How many times has Square Enix said that they have no plans to release a game on a platform but it eventually does?

I still think it will happen. For the same reasons FFX/X-2 HD happened on the PS4.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
A bit late but, here are the KHIII news thus far (D23-August):
  • The TANGLED world name is Kingdom of Corona.
  • Every Keyblade has its own transformation.
  • Atraction Flow can be used at any time.
  • BIG HERO 6 confirmed as new world for the game.
  • The storyline in that world will take place after the movie´s event.