NieR Automata (Square Enix + Platinum Games)

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Announced earlier at the Square Enix press conference.

Staff:
Yosuke Saito (Producer)
Akihiko Yoshida (Character Design)
Takihisa Taura (Game Designer - worked on Metal Gear Rising and Anarchy Reigns)
Keiichi Okabe (Composer)
Taro Yoko (Director)

Game will be exclusive to the PS4, more Information is to follow in autumn.

A first trailer can be found here: NieR New Project Trailer

Official Site with some soothing music, the trailer and the sceneries shown in the trailer is up: Link

Taro Yoko also made a facebook post expressing his gratitude. Furthermore, you can find images from the teaser in the article for the game on Famitsu.com and there's also an article with statements from Yoko over on Gamespot.

Doesn't mean much. Star Ocean V was reportedly finished at 30% when it was announced a few months ago and it is now being terminated for a 2016 release.

Haven't played Nier and Drakengard 3 yet, but looking forward to this.
I do warn you - while the people behind the games are roughly the same, NieR and Drakengard 3 are fairly different.

Sora96

Warrior of Light
Nov 12, 2014
Australia
kh13.com
Official Site with some soothing music, the trailer and the sceneries shown in the trailer is up: Link

Taro Yoko also made a facebook post expressing his gratitude. Furthermore, you can find images from the teaser in the article for the game on Famitsu.com and there's also an article with statements from Yoko over on Gamespot.

Doesn't mean much. Star Ocean V was reportedly finished at 30% when it was announced a few months ago and it is now being terminated for a 2016 release.

I do warn you - while the people behind the games are roughly the same, NieR and Drakengard 3 are fairly different.
Well yeah, these aren't big budget games.

Nov 17, 2014
It reads NINGYOU HItO KIKAI - Doll, Human (or "person"), Chance.
Now I'm just overthinking about it. What if the story of the girl in the trailer is similar to the movie Bicentennial Man, wherein the robot (doll in the new Nier's case) wants to be accepted as human. I don't know it just popped into my brain. Just sharing some thoughts on the translation you gave.
But anyways, I'm stoked for more info. Please be at Gamescom!

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
Two great videos. THe E3 trailer, and a boss battle with a boss who would only have come from the Drakengard/Nier multiverse. Those dolls it's using as adornments (possibly slain YorHa units)...

So looking forward to when it releases. I've fallen in love with this multiverse. Makes a pleasant change from the saccharine Dragon Quests/Star Oceans and other formulaic or play-safe JRPG series of this world.

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
Wow, that boss gameplay looks amazing. I love how fluid the character's movement looks. And that music. I need to finally play the first Nier.
Well be prepared for some extreme wierdness in gameplay and narrative. Oh, and it's a Drakengard/Nier game developed by Cavia prior to closing, so not as polished as it might be. But it will be an experience. One of the few games that reduced me to abject tears for several minutes.... several times.

ChingleeTribal

SOLDIER, First Class
Mar 27, 2016
One of my favourite games last gen was NieR. It wonderful concoction of weird and wonderful charm. And a game that really gets to the heartstrings.

I can't wait to see why Automata has in store!