Ok, Here we go.

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Wingly

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
UFFSite Veteran
Oct 3, 2013
As we are on a new forum and have a new thread I feel it as my responsibility to inform about the excellency of the movies Birdemic and Manos: The Hands of Fate.

Phoenix

Yevonite
UFFSite Veteran
Sep 28, 2013
Ahhh, classics, no doubt. Speaking of excellent movies, my local art theater is showing the Room on Halloween, complete with costume contest, and best "you're tearing me apart Lisa!" contest, all judged by Denny from the movie. It's going to be amazing (be jealous, W)

Wingly

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
UFFSite Veteran
Oct 3, 2013
Ahhh, classics, no doubt. Speaking of excellent movies, my local art theater is showing the Room on Halloween, complete with costume contest, and best "you're tearing me apart Lisa!" contest, all judged by Denny from the movie. It's going to be amazing (be jealous, W)
You're tearing me apart, Phoenix!

I recently rewatched those two movies. Got the Manos Live Rifftrax as part of my Kickstarter reward, and used my gift card to get the Live Birdemic one as well. And from here on out I'm going to call you Norman because you ruin everything. :( The like on your post was ironic. IRONIC, I SAY! (I hope you win the contest and become the best Tommy Wiseau since Tommy Wiseau)

Dollow

PSICOM Soldier
Sep 26, 2013
dollowrlance.blogspot.com
Hello everyone, its late and I wanted to post something here that everyone might like, and I have remix that I love and figured this would the best place to put it.

I really miss Rocket Knight as a series, and the fact that it exist in the hearts of fans makes me happy. This one is great remix, I really like how it starts as it has the really emotional start and then to hits that wonderful swell half a minute into the remix and then it takes you to on its quest.

Enjoy

Sparkster Remix - Level 1 Theme Orchestra Remix (Rocket Knight Adventures 2)

Last edited:

Omegaflare

AVALANCHE Warrior
Sep 28, 2013
Oldenburg, GERMANY
BOOBMOUSE (1983, "Die Ärzte früher!/Die Ärzte´s early days!)

written by BELA B

performed by DIE ÄRZTE

I was a boy, like everyone else
But with girls I just didnt have any luck
Finally I went for it and talked to her
But she only laughed to my face (hahahaha)

And like all boys, I had a best friend
And that friend was a man
And he told me those golden words
words I cant just forget:

"Hey you little boobmouse,
will you come with me to my place?
I´ll buy you a drink if you do,
But only if we´ll go to my place"

Initially that method was a bit too harsh for me
Because I wanted to be more tender
And I told the girl about my VHS player at home
But she didnt fall for it.
And so I said those golden words,
because there was nothing to lose anymore
And I said them to a girl that I liked especially
And the girl said YES!

And I took the girl to my place
And I bet you can guess what happened there (yep 30 centimeters are no exaggeration!)
And that night it was hard but AMAZING
And I woke up as a man

And full of gratitude, I remember my friend
Until now I just had no idea
And if I can give you one advice, dear boys
those words always work!

Omegaflare

AVALANCHE Warrior
Sep 28, 2013
Oldenburg, GERMANY
:p Its a fun song^^ One of the earliest songs of my favorite band DIE ÄRZTE (one of the two most popular german punkrockbands of the last 3 decades).

Die Ärzte is german for "The Doctors". They formed in 1982 as a small hobby punkband in Berlin with founding members Farin Urlaub (guitarist, real name: Jan Vetter), Bela B (drummer, real name: Dirk Felsenheimer) and Sahnie (bass guitarist, real name: Hans Runge). All three members write and sing.

After being a hobby-punkband, they eventually landed a record deal in 1984 and had their breakthrough in 1987 after their 1986 album "Die Ärzte" had been banned (due to the song-lyrics for the songs "Claudia has a shepherd", "Sibling love" and "Lullaby" which dealt with sex with animals, incest and a monster murdering a sleeping child in a very very ironic way - german censors however didnt get the humor) and had ironically generated a lot of interest in the band.

In 1986 Sahnie was kicked out of the band because he only cared about money and was giving Farin and Bela shit. He was replaced with new bass guitarist Hagen in 1987.

In 1988 they became one of the most popular german bands but decided to disband (afraid they would lose their creativity if they keep going on). Thankfully they reunited in 1993 with new (and definitive) bass guitarist Rod (real name: Rodrigo Gonzalez). ever since their reunion they have become one of the two most popular and successful german rockbands of all time with concerts sold out months in advance and several No.1 albums in the german charts.

They are still active and have released their 21st album "Auch" (Too) in 2012, have played 3 big tours in 2012 and 2013 (all of them sold out) and have released their new 3 disc livealbum "Die Nacht der Dämonen" (The night of the demons) a few weeks ago :)

The song I posted is one of their earliest songs, written in 1983 by Bela who was barely 18 at the time, which is why the song is so silly haha. Its also on the new livealbum and it just came to mind and I thought it would be fun to post the lyrics. Just one of those spur of a moment decisions to have some fun.