Opening hour video from Final Fantasy XV [early game spoilers]

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

NemesisSP

ShinRa SOLDIER
Dec 1, 2013
Pretty much. Prompto's antics were bad enough.

Well, music seemed nice, and I look forward to exploring those massive areas. But other things bother me too much to keep quiet about it. It's not like they'll become invisible when I play the game.
I agree about Prompto, he's been my least favorite for awhile because of just how annoying he comes off as. But I'm hoping in the actual game, they'll have been more fleshed out by the story. Maybe Iris is trying to act all optimistic to hide how scared she is for her country and family?

There are things that bother me about this game too, but at least the music and gameplay are living up to expectations.

AverageAfro

PSICOM Soldier
Aug 3, 2016
Well, you only see a blip of it. There could (likely) be more to it.
This is very true. Like you didn't see the whole crysterium the first time you use it in 13. I am however OK with it being that small, with the amount of weapons we can use (and upgrade) I will be switching a lot and then maxing out the upgrades on all of them.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/new...inal-Fantasy-XV-Is-Shaping-Up-Quite-Well.html

There's a link to peoples opinions outside of the community.

Last edited:

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
Well, at least you tried :p

I dunno. I'm not trying to insult. It just seems like a lot of people on the internet won't talk about anything until they're talking about what they don't like about something. Just seems like a shitty way to be.
Eh, I understand people on the internet like to complain about everything. But like most of you, I've followed this game for the past decade. It's not some game I just found. I would be lying if I said this wasn't my most anticipated game ever, even though my hype for it has considerably gone down. You can't blame me for pointing out stuff I don't think feels right. But well, you can't please everyone.

ChingleeTribal

SOLDIER, First Class
Mar 27, 2016
Opening scene seems out of place. Gladio's sister acts like an anime character.

Gameplay looks good. A bit messy at times, but I'm sure @LeonBlade will point out that I don't know enough of the combat system to understand it, and that might just be true.
A Final Fantasy character acting like an anime character? No.......

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
I could just be letting the internet get to me a little bit, I dunno.

Well anyway, I liked what *I* saw and that's all that matters, lol. I did have to glimpse it in pieces and with the sound off/down most of the time because today of all days they are making me work at work. The fuckers.

This is very true. Like you didn't see the whole crysterium the first time you use it in 13. I am however OK with it being that small, with the amount of weapons we can use (and upgrade) I will be switching a lot and then maxing out the upgrades on all of them.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/new...inal-Fantasy-XV-Is-Shaping-Up-Quite-Well.html

There's a link to peoples opinions outside of the community.
What I like about the skill system is that it's not just stat increases. It's a legit skill tree and it unlocks things, like in the example provided, 2 accessory slots.

ChingleeTribal

SOLDIER, First Class
Mar 27, 2016
Gladio's sister bothers me too. I think her voice is actually okay but her body language is far too anime for the realistic graphics.
Brace yourself for such remade scenes from FFVII as the "dress up Cloud as a girl" in full 'realistic' HD graphics expected in FFVII:R xD

NemesisSP

ShinRa SOLDIER
Dec 1, 2013
Eh, I understand people on the internet like to complain about everything. But like most of you, I've followed this game for the past decade. It's not some game I just found. I would be lying if I said this wasn't my most anticipated game ever, even though my hype for it has considerably gone down. You can't blame me for pointing out stuff I don't think feels right. But well, you can't please everyone.
No, it's understandable, but well a lot of people are still hyped for the game and are willing to give it a pass for the most part. Until we play the whole game from start to finish, we won't really know whether or not it's either good or bad. You can't please everyone, because not everyone wants to consider the negatives in fear that it might start a fight.

At the least, though, you shouldn't feel bad about saying you don't like a certain thing. It's okay not to have the same opinion as everyone else, as long as you don't make an ass out of yourself!

Brace yourself for such remade scenes from FFVII as the "dress up Cloud as a girl" in full 'realistic' HD graphics expected in FFVII:R xD
Actually, I think it's more that it feels out of place in a game that's supposed to be more realistic, that the character feels out of place more than anything else due to how she moves compared to everyone else.

ChingleeTribal

SOLDIER, First Class
Mar 27, 2016
No, it's understandable, but well a lot of people are still hyped for the game and are willing to give it a pass for the most part. Until we play the whole game from start to finish, we won't really know whether or not it's either good or bad. You can't please everyone, because not everyone wants to consider the negatives in fear that it might start a fight.

At the least, though, you shouldn't feel bad about saying you don't like a certain thing. It's okay not to have the same opinion as everyone else, as long as you don't make an ass out of yourself!

Actually, I think it's more that it feels out of place in a game that's supposed to be more realistic, that the character feels out of place more than anything else due to how she moves compared to everyone else.
I just see it as her being an over excited teenager who fancies the prince and is a bit giddy that she gets to hang with him. Doesn't really scream anime to me more than Noctis' Sasuke hair or Ignis' smart guy with glasses anime trope.

NemesisSP

ShinRa SOLDIER
Dec 1, 2013
I just see it as her being an over excited teenager who fancies the prince and is a bit giddy that she gets to hang with him. Doesn't really scream anime to me more than Noctis' Sasuke hair or Ignis' smart guy with glasses anime trope.
Probably, I'm of the opinion that she's trying to hide how she feels about her home country falling with her antics. But some people do take issue with it, as we can see.

Jun 7, 2014
Poland
Her body language does scream anime to me. Real humans don't move like that even when very excited. Exaggerated movements like that are okay in anime, but look weird when applied to realistic characters.

Last edited:

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
I'm watching it again. I like it even more. I had my doubts in my first time through but it keeps growing on me.
That's another reason why the rampant overnegativity in the gaming community drives me nuts. Not that it brings me down (I'm an unsinkable ship) but because sometimes, things are an acquired taste and a lot of these people are like "ok, I'm here. Entertain me. You have 30 seconds".
I did not like Episode Duscae at first, for example. But, I stuck with it long enough to learn the mechanics and it clicked a d I absolutely loved it. But, since just anyone can post on the internet, I saw almost nothing but people who never bothered to try just give up and say everything is clunky.

It just seems kind of dumb to me, I dunno.

Sorry, rant over.

NemesisSP

ShinRa SOLDIER
Dec 1, 2013
Her body language does scream anime to me. Real humans don't move like that even when very excited. Exaggerated movements like that are okaay in anime, but look weird when applied to realistic characters.
It honestly does look off compared to how everyone else is moving, I will grant you that. I watched it again and definitely thought that while the design was nice, the movements definitely didn't fit. Though, I think we can probably assume that Iris won't be joining us as a party member. She doesn't seem the fighting type.

One thing I haven't noticed anyone mention is how the clothes get dirty as well as wet. Haven't really seen that from other videos and it is definitely a nice touch.

Last edited:

Bobjam

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Sep 14, 2014
It may have been said already, but I think one of the reasons the first two minutes feel out of place is because of editing. No proof but clearly they jump cut in places during the gameplay and I think those two minutes in the beginning are clearly not the whole of that segment as they maybe don't want to spoil too much but give us a glimpse/tease of it. They even cut some of the cutscenes short for most likely similar reasons so I won't judge that intro too harshly myself. Was surreal seeing 'new game' selected....so close....just a little longer....