Final Fantasy VII REMAKE - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

It's happening? A FFVII Remake is happening?

• Yes

Votes: 12 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

1Truth2Lies

Sphere Hunter
Jul 3, 2014
London
Yes, it showed Cloud from trailer. And of course it's VII Remake anyway, Mobius has been out for months and Toriyama's project hasn't been announced yet.
You still believe that Toriyama has his own project outside of FFVII Remake? LOL! Keep your expectations in check, bro. Time will tell, anyway. If it exists, there's still TGS and Jump Festa for it to be announced.

Sora96

Warrior of Light
Nov 12, 2014
Australia
kh13.com
You still believe that Toriyama has his own project outside of FFVII Remake? LOL! Keep your expectations in check, bro. Time will tell, anyway. If it exists, there's still TGS and Jump Festa for it to be announced.
Well Toriyama did direct two DS games while directing XIII and wrote Front Mission Evolved, directed The 3rd Birthday's scenario and helped with Dissidia's scenario as well as pair of WiiWare games.

I think it's fair to assume he's got a role on VII Remake like Event Director and is directing a mid-scale game. The Front Mission Siliconera reported would be a fitting one since he loves Front Mission. I also think there's a fair chance X-3 could happen when XV is wrapped up.

1Truth2Lies

Sphere Hunter
Jul 3, 2014
London
Well Toriyama did direct two DS games while directing XIII and wrote Front Mission Evolved, directed The 3rd Birthday's scenario and helped with Dissidia's scenario as well as pair of WiiWare games.

I think it's fair to assume he's got a role on VII Remake like Event Director and is directing a mid-scale game. The Front Mission Siliconera reported would be a fitting one since he loves Front Mission. I also think there's a fair chance X-3 could happen when XV is wrapped up.
He has worked on more than one title concurrently, that's true. However, he words back in December 2014 were, "I am currently working hard on the next project. We will be able to announce it in 2015, so please look forward to that!" He never made any mention of working on more than one project, just that one. Assuming he's on FFVII Remake, he's therefore not on anything else. He said he was "working hard" on this project, meaning he's likely too busy with it to multitask it with something else.

Also, I doubt FFXV wrapping up will have any influence on FFX-3 being made. Both FFX|X-2 HD and FFXV are developed by totally different Business Divisions. I fully expect BD2 to move on to FF Type-1 after FFXV releases.

Sora96

Warrior of Light
Nov 12, 2014
Australia
kh13.com
He has worked on more than one title concurrently, that's true. However, he words back in December 2014 were, "I am currently working hard on the next project. We will be able to announce it in 2015, so please look forward to that!" He never made any mention of working on more than one project, just one. Assuming that he's on FFVII Remake, he's therefore not on anything else. Also, he said he was "working hard" on this project, meaning he's likely too busy to multitask it with something else.

Also, I doubt FFXV wrapping up will have any influence on FFX-3 being made. Both FFX|X-2 HD and FFXV are developed by totally different Business Divisions. I fully expect BD2 to move on to FF Type-1 after FFXV releases.
FFXV has about 300 internal staff though including designers from the original X games.

1Truth2Lies

Sphere Hunter
Jul 3, 2014
London
FFXV has about 300 internal staff though including designers from the original X games.
Actually, it has between 200 and 300 internal staff, which is less than the 300+ internal staff that worked on ARR. Also, if you check the recently released staff list, other than Yusuke Naora, there's nobody that had a really significant role on FFX and FFX-2 working on the game.

Sora96

Warrior of Light
Nov 12, 2014
Australia
kh13.com
Actually, it has between 200 and 300 internal staff, which is less than the 300+ internal staff that worked on ARR. Also, if you check the recently released staff list, other than Yusuke Naora, there's nobody that had a really significant role on FFX and FFX-2 working on the game.
Well that's true, and I'd argue you only really need Toriyama, Kitase, Nojima, Watanabe and Shintaro Takai from the original team to make a X-3.

Also Takayoshi Nakazato and Takatsugu Nakazawa were working on XV last I checked. Haha.

1Truth2Lies

Sphere Hunter
Jul 3, 2014
London
Well that's true, and I'd argue you only really need Toriyama, Kitase, Nojima, Watanabe and Shintaro Takai from the original team to make a X-3.

Also Takayoshi Nakazato and Takatsugu Nakazawa were working on XV last I checked. Haha.
Kitase and Toriyama are both vital to the FFX universe and both belong to BD1, so how and why would BD2 make FFX-3? LOL! Not going to happen, bro. Keep your expectations in check. The only hope you have for FFX-3 is if BD1 decide to make it after FFVII Remake.

Also, Takayoshi Nakazato left FFXV around the same time as Jun Akiyama did. No idea where he is now, though. He might be in BD1 working on FFVII Remake, as he's older than Nomura and worked on the original. He was originally the Planning Director of VersusXIII, but he hasn't been seen in any FFXV staff lists since Tabata took over. As for Takatsugu Nakazawa working FFXV, that was never confirmed. It was merely fan speculation based off him being the Game Design Director of FF Type-0 and Battle Director of Crisis Core: FFVII. In the recent FFXV official staff list, his name isn't mentioned. He might also be in BD1 and working on FFVII Remake. Time will tell.

Sora96

Warrior of Light
Nov 12, 2014
Australia
kh13.com
Kitase and Toriyama are both vital to the FFX universe and both belong to BD1, so how and why would BD2 make FFX-3? LOL! Not going to happen, bro. Keep your expectations in check. The only hope you have for FFX-3 is if BD1 decide to make it after FFVII Remake.

Also, Takayoshi Nakazato left FFXV around the same time as Jun Akiyama did. No idea where he is now, though. He might be in BD1 working on FFVII Remake, as he's older than Nomura and worked on the original. He was originally the Planning Director of VersusXIII, but he hasn't been seen in any FFXV staff lists since Tabata took over. As for Takatsugu Nakazawa working FFXV, that was never confirmed. It was merely fan speculation based off him being the Game Design Director of FF Type-0 and Battle Director of Crisis Core: FFVII. In the recent FFXV official staff list, his name isn't mentioned. He might also be in BD1 and working on FFVII Remake. Time will tell.
I never said BD2 would make it, simply staff would go to BD1 after XV is finished. Like how staff from LR went to XIV and XV. Because I seriously doubt they need 250 odd people to make Type-1.

1Truth2Lies

Sphere Hunter
Jul 3, 2014
London
I never said BD2 would make it, simply staff would go to BD1 after XV is finished. Like how staff from LR went to XIV and XV. Because I seriously doubt they need 250 odd people to make Type-1.
Oh, I see what you mean now. My bad, bro.

In that case, yeah, that's definitely possible However, it still depends on if Tabata decides to make another title alongside Type-1. If so, he'll likely split up his between 200 and 300 staff across those two projects. Also, there's the chance that staff from FFXV may even move over to FFXVI, as that would be a really important title for the company after FFXV. Basically, FFX-3 is still really low on the food chain right now. I think the best hope it has is BD1 deciding to make it after FFVII Remake releases. If they decide to make it right now alongside FFVII Remake, it will likely be a smartphone game like Mobius was.

Sora96

Warrior of Light
Nov 12, 2014
Australia
kh13.com
Oh, I see what you mean now. My bad, bro.

In that case, yeah, that's definitely possible However, it still depends on if Tabata decides to make another title alongside Type-1. If so, he'll likely split up his between 200 and 300 staff across those two projects. Also, there's the chance that staff from FFXV may even move over to FFXVI, as that would be a really important title for the company after FFXV. Basically, FFX-3 is still really low on the food chain right now. I think the best hope it has is BD1 deciding to make it after FFVII Remake releases. If they decide to make it right now alongside FFVII Remake, it will likely be a smartphone game like Mobius was.
Well as long as Toriyama has a leading role on VII Remake and we get The Lightning Saga on PS4/Xbox One and XII's sequel re-released, preferably with XII HD I'll be happy. Haha.

1Truth2Lies

Sphere Hunter
Jul 3, 2014
London
Well as long as Toriyama has a leading role on VII Remake and we get The Lightning Saga on PS4/Xbox One and XII's sequel re-released, preferably with XII HD I'll be happy. Haha.
All of those points are likely, but I would prefer FFXII RW released on Smartphones/Tablets with HD sprites and environments. The touchscreen gameplay really suits those platforms. That being said, I would much prefer a 3D remake of the game using the FFXII graphics engine. That's wishful thinking, though. LOL!

Sora96

Warrior of Light
Nov 12, 2014
Australia
kh13.com
All of those points are likely, but I would prefer FFXII RW released on Smartphones/Tablets with HD sprites and environments. The touchscreen gameplay really suits those platforms. That being said, I would much prefer a 3D remake of the game using the FFXII graphics engine. That's wishful thinking, though. LOL!
I had the exact same thought when I played it. When I reviewed it I said:

I’m writing this review and I’m left wondering why haven’t Square Enix done much more with this genre? REVENANT WINGS sold really well and was very well received.

I’m surprised they haven’t ported this to iOS & Android yet, I feel like this game could work quite well on smartphones and tablets and as proven by FINAL FANTASY III and IV they’re great platforms to remaster DS games for.

Last edited:

llazy77

Warrior of Light
May 27, 2014
“We’re starting to see the visual direction,” Kitase said of the remake. “On the other hand, we’re currently working out the battle system and such through trial-and-error.”

“Since there’s a possibility that the command battle system of the old days might not work today, we’re thinking hard about what kind of direction we can take it.

“Normally, when you do a remake, it becomes somewhere along the lines of a familiar action RPG, so we’re looking at how we can put out something like Final Fantasy VII while still surprising players.

“Please don’t ask about how far into development we are and such. (Laughs.)”
http://gematsu.com/2015/08/final-fantasy-vii-remake-battle-system-trial-error-phase

Crystal Power

Keyblade Master
Nov 29, 2013
United States
Many people might be misinterpreting his words.

Normally, when you do a remake, it becomes somewhere along the lines of a familiar action RPG, so we’re looking at how we can put out something like Final Fantasy VII while still surprising players."

When I observe this, it seems like he meant you would expect it to be an action. But they are trying to find a way to put out an turn-based game (Such as FF7) while still getting players excited.

Well, that's what it sounds like to me, however I am satisfied with what they choose. Yes, yes FF7 is my favorite. I know we have a bad name...