Final Fantasy VII REMAKE - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

It's happening? A FFVII Remake is happening?

• Yes

Votes: 12 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

T.O.T

Blitzball Champion
Feb 2, 2017
This remake will not exceed the original in terms of reception simply based on the premise that the FF fandom is much more divisive than what it was back in 97. In terms of an actual game, I would certainly hope it could do better than the original overall.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
I actually wonder where the Remake's lifetime sales as a whole will sit at, depending on how many parts are released.

Guitar (pseudo)God

Blitzball Champion
Aug 14, 2016
All over
I have my own questions about the viability of the multi-part release strategy, but I'll wait until there's a new article describing a new job posting for a QA lead before commenting further. Seems the prudent thing to do.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
They really shouldn't have announced this game so early before it was actually ready. Again, Final Fantasy XVI shouldn't be announced until its confirmed internally to be a year out from release.
It seems they didn't learn from their mistake with the marketing for Versus/XV.

I sincerely hope we won't need to wait 5-10 years for part 1. If so, it'll be over 15-20 years before we get the full trilogy.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
Japanese Dev Comments Final Fantasy VII Remake's Messy Development While Outsourced to CyberConnect2

Dan_Tsukasa said:
fahdadatin said: Absolutely, dealing with Nomura on a daily basis must be the biggest hurdle. I'm amazed anything got done as it is.
Nomura is barely ever there, he's director largely in name alone. He spends the vast majority if his time in Osaka on KH3, as thats where he lives, during the week at least.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ja...ment-while-outsourced-to-cyberconnect2.38709/

Kill me

Last edited:

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014
So like I and most people probably figured, the 2015 PSX gameplay trailer is basically entirely scrapped and they restarted from the ground up, he said it's only 2 years in dev at the current time so they restarted dev sometime in 2016 in that case? Wouldn't that mean they waited a whole year to announce CC2 was fired and the game moved internally?

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
I doubt it's going to be pushed to PS5. I'm sure when the PS5 comes out it will come with PS5 but I doubt it's being deliberately delayed and pushed solely towards the PS5.

Last edited:

stolas

Sphere Hunter
Feb 20, 2018
FFPeasant a terrible source of information. Feelings are not facts. Also he doesn't work in a production setting, so the likely-hood of him being correct on any of his statements is doubtful. It is more than likely that FFVII will be on both PS4 and PS5 considering its a multi installment and the first chapter of VII will be out by the end of 2019 (wishful thinking) to late 2020.

Hyperion

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Mar 8, 2018
FFPeasant a terrible source of information. Feelings are not facts. Also he doesn't work in a production setting, so the likely-hood of him being correct on any of his statements is doubtful. It is more than likely that FFVII will be on both PS4 and PS5 considering its a multi installment and the first chapter of VII will be out by the end of 2019 (wishful thinking) to late 2020.
Pez only really reports on things he finds via forums or article postings, so he's really only as good as his sources. But I don't think he's wrong necessarily, they very well could say "Nah... Y'all gotta buy this PS5 shit now, son..." and everyone's going to buy it while making rant videos and articles about Square Enix has screwed them over yet again. People want to complain, but I'm not sure what they're expecting, did they want another XV? Because a lot of people (not me) complain about it not being finished. Did they announce it too early? Yeah, but even they acknowledged that. And that's why I don't mind waiting, I'd rather they knock it out the park and have them fully confident in what they're doing, rather than letting a bunch of fans on the internet stress them the fuck out and they ship out a game they're not proud of and have to do an apology tour about letting fans down and doing DLCs to make up for it.

2019 seems fair, I'm thinking 2020 though. KH3 is a definite 2018 title, and that probably isn't dropping until later in the year. If they were to release KH3 in September, best case scenario could be to release the FF7 Part 1 Demo around late-October/Early-November, just to throw a bone out there. 2019 I would think is FF7's year, since I don't think they'd have any major IPs that would conflict, unless I'm forgetting something.

T.O.T

Blitzball Champion
Feb 2, 2017
People want to complain, but I'm not sure what they're expecting, did they want another XV?
Original FFVII with just better graphics and voice acting; nothing else. So in the end this will be another FFXV situation, except not as bad because at least the comparison will be done with an actual product this go around.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Original FFVII with just better graphics and voice acting; nothing else. So in the end this will be another FFXV situation, except not as bad because at least the comparison will be done with an actual product this go around.
I think when the final product comes out more people will realize this is better for the game then they probably initially thought. The original script needs a lot of work considering all the problems with it. Overall, the game will be a lot better than the original based on story alone. There will always be purists, but that's just how the world works.