Final Fantasy XV - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

coffee-san

Sphere Hunter
Mar 18, 2015
What exactly does the update entail? Did they say during the last ATR?

I assume it's just a patch addressing gameplay issues and not an extension to the demo itself?

Infest

Blitzball Champion
Sep 8, 2014
Germany
With the release of 2.0 this week it's safe to say that we'll finally get our last big Episode Duscae centric news from SE .

So, what aspects of the game are you hoping to see next and what kind of areas would you like to see from the game (a desert, a jungle, a major town or something completely different) ?

Infest

Blitzball Champion
Sep 8, 2014
Germany
I personally don't need them to show me the peace agreement party scene again. I know that it's in the game, so I'd much rather see something completely new.

Oh and I don't think there's any dillema to solve. ;)

coffee-san

Sphere Hunter
Mar 18, 2015
I'm pretty burnt out of seeing wilderness type-fields in FFXV honestly, the 5+ months of Duscae and the World of Wonder trailer have already given me a pretty good enough idea of what to expect in that regard.
I want to see more city/town type-fields in FFXV, a large amount of my interest in Versus XIII came from the bustling metropolises that we saw in those trailers back then. I want to explore a living, breathing city in FFXV, especially since we never got to see what Cocoon was actually like in XIII....

We still have no idea of we're going to be delivered in that aspect, especially as it seems that the deep Noir theme that exuded itself in Versus XIII is gone.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
The demo's ending is an enough conformation that the game still have versus's dark tone.
Yeah, exactly. The dark tone we've seen in Versus had to do with the setting being at the very beginning of the game where all of the major shit happens with Lucis. As you say, the ending is a confirmation that those themes are still present... Just because we haven't seen anything from Lucis in a long time, doesn't mean that those elements are somehow gone from the game.

coffee-san

Sphere Hunter
Mar 18, 2015
Just keep note that we've seen barely anything of FFXV. What was being shown of FFXV is prior to the demo and the theme of friendship between guys.

If you haven't realized the 'dark' tones you are thinking of are still present in FFXV but not emphasised in SE's promotion and adverts thanks to some of the hints shown within recent footage and even the demo itself. For example, take Noctis & the gang's clothing. Colored black, some with skull patterns etc.

It's hinted that the theme still exists within the game, just hasn't been fully fleshed out yet. It will though. A theme as important as what was main in Versus XIII will have to play a huge role for FFXV.
I wouldn't really say that their sartorial designs falls into this category, per se. A black outfit doesn't necessarily set a tone for the environment they're in.
I'm still aware of how much we've /actually/ seen in relation to the project as a whole, but just from what I've seen, it's still pretty clear that there's been a change of atmosphere. (Like just look at how Noctis was characterized in Versus XIII trailers to how he is now.)

Way too much is still up in the air though, hopefully after Duscae 2.0, we can see more of what the game has to offer.

The demo's ending is an enough conformation that the game still have versus's dark tone.
I'll have to look at it again.

EDIT: Just did, I guess you guys are right. I suppose a lot of my apprehension is just in that it's been so many months of only Duscae that it's hard to not see the game represented in only this way lol.

Last edited:

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
I'm still aware of how much we've /actually/ seen in relation to the project as a whole, but just from what I've seen, it's still pretty clear that there's been a change of atmosphere. (Like just look at how Noctis was characterized in Versus XIII trailers to how he is now.)
That's because it's a change of scenery and their focus isn't on the gloom and doom of what happened in their city that was torn apart inside out...

Yeah, the atmosphere has changed. Can't wait to see Castle Cornelia now.
lol.