Your favorite Video Game Music

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Wazi the pa

Samurai Legend
Site Staff
Oct 26, 2013
Australia
Ori and the Blind Forest is an absolute gem and one of the best games of this year. The music in the game reminds me of Beyond Good & Evil in which means it's amazing. It's very spiritual and gives good vibes when you listen to it. I'm still playing it myself but from what I've played so far, I highly recommend it.

It's a game that you'll remember for a long time.

buddhafied

Sphere Hunter
Sep 30, 2013
Vancouver, BC
I feel like I'm like the FFXIV advocate around here... but someone gotta be that guy right? I obviously have many favourite OST from different games, for example:

Journey

But a lot of you who do not play FFXIV might not know it hosts some of the best soundtrack of the series! My favourite lately is this one:

FFXIV ARR: World of Darkness

Another favourite from not too long ago will be this one:

FFXIV ARR: Lost City Amdapor

Also this also remix of a call back score

FFXIV ARR: FFII Battle Remix

Last but not least, a piece of Nobou from before the calamity

FFXIV: Twilight over Thanalan

buddhafied

Sphere Hunter
Sep 30, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Come on, posting Journey's entire soundtrack should be considered cheating...
It's hard to pick from that soundtrack! It's a JOURNEY listening to the whole thing :D

Not in the game but at the same time present in it, my soul mealts and eyes can't stop crying
There's something I can not stand this version of the song. I think her vocal was great and all, but I simply can't stop cringing every time she sang "da ne", especially the "ne" part as it sounds more like "nei". To the point it's a distraction for me. I love her, as I love "Answers", but that particular word sounds just like how a non-Japanese speaker would say that word...

coffee-san

AVALANCHE Warrior
Mar 18, 2015

Honestly... of all the Tales games I've played, Legendia definitely doesn't come close to being a favorite, but the OST is amazing.
Anything composed by Go Shiina is just gold.

Wazi the pa

Samurai Legend
Site Staff
Oct 26, 2013
Australia
Who remembers this little purple dude? Man, it's been so many years but it is still fresh on my mind.
Since we're seeing Playtonic Games bringing in a true 3D platformer game (Yooka Laylee), I'm hoping we see those old guys come back soon.